DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: proclip car mount

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

proclip car mount

I have the proclip mount/holder for my droid 1 and love it. Does anyone know if proclip will make one for the bionic? If not..anyone know anything similar with a car charger included and swivels?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I corresponded with the ProClip customer service team and they do not have a mount for the Bionic in production yet, but they did indicate that they would be producing one in the future. There is an adjustable mount that works well, either with the Verizon hard case and extended battery or without the case. If you email them, I am sure that they can tell you which of the adjustable mounts works.

You will have to dremel/drill out a spot for the power cable on the left side of the mount, but I did it and it looks and functions perfectly.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Im looking at the droid x2 and it nearly has the same dimension as the bionic. I havent made sure the charging area is the same though.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Can you post a picture of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    I corresponded with the ProClip customer service team and they do not have a mount for the Bionic in production yet, but they did indicate that they would be producing one in the future. There is an adjustable mount that works well, either with the Verizon hard case and extended battery or without the case. If you email them, I am sure that they can tell you which of the adjustable mounts works.

You will have to dremel/drill out a spot for the power cable on the left side of the mount, but I did it and it looks and functions perfectly.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have the OEM Car Dock, and purchased the Garmin Ball Mount (Item# 215165) from ProClip. The ball is the exact same size as the ball on the suction cup mount of the OEM Motorola Car Dock, so I just attached the Ball Mount to my Vehicle Mount from ProClip, and then attached the OEM Dock to the Ball Mount.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    ProClip holders for the Bionic are now available.

Device Mounts & Holders*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

I've long preferred dash mount to window mount, although it doesn't seem that ProClip can compete with the convince offered by Motorola's VND when used with the split cable.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    holy crap that is expensive! 60 bucks for the holder and charger AND I still have to buy a mount for it? I'll stick w/ my universal mount that I picked up for $15 and my $3 charger
    Jay

BIONIC - Ice Cream Sandwich .246 SafeStrap 3 (ICS/CM10/CodenameAndroid)
    Kindle Fire - Jelly Bean 4.1.1 by HashCode
    OG DROID DROID CONCEPTS ROMS (looking for ideas to re-purpose this fine device)
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have the proclip for Bionic, got it yesterday. The bionic does not know it is docked. In the D1 proclip mount, there was a magnet option. Bionic does not seem to sense the dock with a magnet anyway. That is okay, as I hate the car dock app, so I just spent the day moving everything to launcher pro, which will rotate the home screens, and as an added bonus I get 2 more home screens. I was trying to avoid launcher pro because of the lag on the D1, but all this memory on the Bionic solves that! So far, so good.

As for paying more for proclip, yeah it is expensive. But I like the dash mount above the air vent and don't need to worry about the bionic coming loose, flying when I hit the brakes (hey, I'm a jersey driver), or spilling my drink on it.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by shrub_having_coffee View Post
    I have the OEM Car Dock, and purchased the Garmin Ball Mount (Item# 215165) from ProClip. The ball is the exact same size as the ball on the suction cup mount of the OEM Motorola Car Dock, so I just attached the Ball Mount to my Vehicle Mount from ProClip, and then attached the OEM Dock to the Ball Mount.
    How has this been working out.
    Is it coming loose at all (good fit)
    How tall is that ball mount ?
    I am wondering how far it will make the phone stick out past the mount.

Links