DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can someone explain the car dock to me?

  1. Senior Droid
    AndyMcDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    188298
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    162
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic, OG Droid
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PhontomF View Post
    Thanks I'll give that a shot but I'm betting it will kick into car mode as soon as you plug in the power
    I tried it a few minutes ago and placing the phone in the dock while having the charger plugged into the dock but not a power source, then plugging the charger into a power source after the phone is in the dock, DOES NOT trigger dock mode, nor does it force landscape orientation. This may be a temporary work around for some people until Motorola fixes this (assuming they consider it a problem in the first place).
  2. Senior Droid
    PhontomF's Avatar
    Member #
    9588
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    212
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMcDroid View Post
    I tried it a few minutes ago and placing the phone in the dock while having the charger plugged into the dock but not a power source, then plugging the charger into a power source after the phone is in the dock, DOES NOT trigger dock mode, nor does it force landscape orientation. This may be a temporary work around for some people until Motorola fixes this (assuming they consider it a problem in the first place).
    Awesome I will try it out later, Thanks!
  3. Senior Droid
    Calla969's Avatar
    Member #
    2029
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    157
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist View Post
    Unfortunately for simplicity's sake, the usb out won't be able to power a stereo minijack output because usb is fully digital. The dock would require some sort of processing to convert analog audio out from the usb connector. The cable mentioned in the manual is a strange bird, because honestly I don't think something like that exists - not without a chip to convert the audio. Unless the Bionic has a non-standard usb jack with additional analog audio channels built in, which again is something I've never heard of.
    The car docks for the Droid3, the Atrix, and probably the Photon and any other similar Moto phones do allow charging and audio from a single USB cable. This was the feature that I was most excited about because I hate having to plug things in instead of just dropping it into a dock. My dock didn't come with the correct cable, but apparently if you order it from Motorola instead of through Verizon, it costs $60 instead of $40 and it comes with a rapid car charger and the "Custom Audio and Power USB Cable". I was disappointed when my dock was missing this cable, so I got on an online tech support chat with Motorola. After a while, the tech offered to send the custom cable to me at no charge. I am pretty excited that it will work the way I thought it would. I will report back when I receive it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Mateles's Avatar
    Member #
    3881
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    128
    Phone
    Droid
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla969 View Post
    The car docks for the Droid3, the Atrix, and probably the Photon and any other similar Moto phones do allow charging and audio from a single USB cable. This was the feature that I was most excited about because I hate having to plug things in instead of just dropping it into a dock. My dock didn't come with the correct cable, but apparently if you order it from Motorola instead of through Verizon, it costs $60 instead of $40 and it comes with a rapid car charger and the "Custom Audio and Power USB Cable". I was disappointed when my dock was missing this cable, so I got on an online tech support chat with Motorola. After a while, the tech offered to send the custom cable to me at no charge. I am pretty excited that it will work the way I thought it would. I will report back when I receive it.
    That's very promising. I did an online chat with a tech support guy twice on Saturday (same guy both times) and he said there was nothing they could do. He kept telling me that it should have been in the case, and I had the Verizon store on the line and they said none of their boxes had the right cable, plus it just says the 3.5mm cable on the side of the box.
    Please do not text, place or answer calls while driving. Be responsible.

    Let me Google that for you
  5. Droid Ninja
    ConqSoft's Avatar
    Member #
    5245
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    #25
    Hey guys, found it. The full kit from Moto includes this USB/Audio cable, and a charger. I'm returning mine to the Verizon store and ordering this one:

    Motorola Vehicle Navigation Dock for DROID Bionic™ : Auto
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
    Hey guys, found it. The full kit from Moto includes this USB/Audio cable, and a charger. I'm returning mine to the Verizon store and ordering this one:

    Motorola Vehicle Navigation Dock for DROID Bionic™ : Auto
    Ok feels like an idiot, but why do you need a usb cable for the car dock?
  7. Droid Ninja
    ConqSoft's Avatar
    Member #
    5245
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Ok feels like an idiot, but why do you need a usb cable for the car dock?
    Check the pic somsone posted earlier in the thread. It splits the USB out to an audio jack to run to your AUX IN port, so you don't have to plug it into the phone's headphone jack. It all feeds through the USB plug, which stays connected to the dock all the time.
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  8. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #28
    Guess I have an older stereo, I dont even have an audio jack in my car stereo...lol
  9. Senior Droid
    PhontomF's Avatar
    Member #
    9588
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    212
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMcDroid View Post
    I tried it a few minutes ago and placing the phone in the dock while having the charger plugged into the dock but not a power source, then plugging the charger into a power source after the phone is in the dock, DOES NOT trigger dock mode, nor does it force landscape orientation. This may be a temporary work around for some people until Motorola fixes this (assuming they consider it a problem in the first place).
    Ok I tried it and found I need to start google navigation software first then I can plug the power in. If I just plug the power in w/o starting the navigation app it will kick into landscape mode for me. Oh well just so I know a way to make it work it's all good. Thanks!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    ConqSoft's Avatar
    Member #
    5245
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,069
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    #30
    Got my "official" Motorola Car Dock kit today. SO MUCH nicer than the Verizon one that I will be returning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can someone explain the car dock to me?-2011-09-14_10-50-29_851.jpg   Can someone explain the car dock to me?-2011-09-14_10-52-58_561.jpg   Can someone explain the car dock to me?-2011-09-14_10-53-42_420.jpg   Can someone explain the car dock to me?-2011-09-14_10-54-05_104.jpg  
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. please explain
    By ashclepdia in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM
  2. Can someone please explain...
    By Split630 in forum Drod2169 - X
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
  3. Explain this please
    By jonalex in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 10:03 AM
  4. Please explain this to me.
    By nerdslogic in forum Droid 2 Tech Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 01:13 AM
  5. OK, Explain it to me like I'm a 3yr old...
    By butch350 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 10:36 AM

Search tags for this page

bionic y cable
,
custom audio and power usb cable
,
custom audio and power usb cable for vehicle docks
,

droid bionic car dock

,
droid bionic car holder instructions
,

micauxcab

,

motbiomnt

,
motorola bionic car dock
,
motorola micauxcab
,
vehicle navigation dock for motorola droid bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+