DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Bionic Accessories did you get?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Some where someone had said if you take the extended battery door off the otterbox will fit
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesswood View Post
    Attachment 53413
    Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger for DROID BIONIC - Car Kit - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Motorola makes a navigation dock, the suction cup works great and holds the phone perfect, and you can keep the case on when using the dock.
    Motorola accessories like this are one of the main reasons I keep sticking with Moto even after the disaster that is my Droid 3. Blue camera, slow, restarts all the time... Even wit a full sbf and reload of everything... No flash fixes the blue camera but then I can't take pics in dim light... ugh.. Anyway Moto is the ONLY company that realizes that a LOT of ppl use cases or extended batteries (or both) and would like to be able to use the phone specific docks and not some universal clamp garbage. They had a false start with the DroidX accessories as they still didn't quite fit with cases without some dremel work. My Droid 3, as much as I've had issues with it, is in a case and still drops perfectly into the car dock and the desk dock. I just grabbed a new Bionic and have one of these on order. Word on the street is that with the extended battery AND A CASE, the Bionic still works just fine with all the docks except for the lapdock and there are extension cables for that so no biggie there. No it won't work with an otterbox because otterboxes are unnecessarily gynormous but I know from multiple reviews that it'll work with the extended battery TPU case just fine.

What is tits about the docks is that they will activate either car or desk mode automatically depending on the dock. With my D3, I have the dock on my nightstand and I drop the phone in there at night to charge and it automatically turns into an alarm clock. Touch the screen and it goes to a dim green clock only screensaver, touch again and it dims even more, touch a third time to bring the main dock screen back up. The car dock... yeah its amazing and if you are good at car stuff or know someone who is, run all the wires behind the dash and you'll never see anything. I have my dock in the bottom left corner of my windshield with the wires ran behind the dash and a $5 radio shack cigarette lighter plug wired into the fuse box. No bluetooth radio but my pioneer does have red/white inputs on the back so another $5 adapter for headphone to RCA and its all hidden. I can stream slacker (or from my google cloud now that I'll have unlimited LTE) right into my car stereo through the phone. Must have accessories for any moto phone and moto does make the best docks. Too bad Samsung doesn't do the same thing... they make docks but they don't work with any cases...
    -Bionic, Extended Battery, stock rooted JB, still going strong
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

-boost mobile Epic 4G 1.4GHZ Marcusant V3 R.I.P.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic

Re: What Bionic Accessories did you get?

I have the standard dock, HD dock and Vehicle navigation dock. With the inserts out of each, my extended battery bionic wrapped in a tpu case fits perfectly.

I have been a Motorola fan since the original Brick Phone and have only had 2 phones over the years that weren't Moto and they were both a bad choice in hindsight lol. Their accessories just plain rock, even if they are a bit steeply priced.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!
    Riding the information superhighway, next exit Droidforums.net
  4. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have got a extended battery
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    2THEXTRM, is this the one? They say in the website that it is unlikely to fit in the docs, but you say it does, so it got me excited to get the extended battery since I use both docks every day.

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=186

Quote Originally Posted by 2THEXTRM
    I have the standard dock, HD dock and Vehicle navigation dock. With the inserts out of each, my extended battery bionic wrapped in a tpu case fits perfectly.

I have been a Motorola fan since the original Brick Phone and have only had 2 phones over the years that weren't Moto and they were both a bad choice in hindsight lol. Their accessories just plain rock, even if they are a bit steeply priced.

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic

Quote Originally Posted by lanza_david View Post
    2THEXTRM, is this the one? They say in the website that it is unlikely to fit in the docs, but you say it does, so it got me excited to get the extended battery since I use both docks every day.

http://tpu-cases.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=186
    That's the one! Great case and looks good too

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    bionic
    I use this case. But won't fit my standard dock while case is on. Maybe if I force it. Is that how you guys are making it work?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    Bionic

Quote Originally Posted by deduct View Post
    I use this case. But won't fit my standard dock while case is on. Maybe if I force it. Is that how you guys are making it work?
    Its a little snug in my car dock but almost loose in my standard or hd dock. I know you pulled the inserts out

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    Lol he probably didn't pull the inserts out...
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Droid X 2.2 Froyo Rooted
    If you are going to be putting the dock by your computer as a dock to transfer files and whatnot then get the HD station. It is nice to to have to fish around your desk for the USB cord or go digging behind said desk because it fell back there... If its going to go on your nightstand for charging purposes/alarm purposes then get the standard dock. If it is going by your HDTV and you want to use it to put videos you took up on the big screen then also get the HD station. Or get both, one as a nightstand charger and the HD station as a computer/TV dock.

Just be aware with the car mount that you need to clean the part of the windshield that you are going to use the mount's suction cup on really good or it WILL fall off. Those using the sticky disc on their dashboards should be shot in the face as that 1: goobers up the dash and 2: will ALWAYS fall off over time. You can save money if you link your phone to your radio via bluetooth by just getting the unit that is the mount only/no charger/cables. This is what I did since I already have a micro USB car charger like EVERYONE who has a non-iCrap does and honestly the audio quality sucks with the 3.5mm cable especially running it behind the dash. You get a ton of interference from all the other wires back there and if you don't run it behind the dash it just looks like ass.

What I do with the car mounts is mount them to the windshield right above the inspection sticker and run the car charger behind the dash and bug a $5 charger port into the fuse box/hot wire. Run the charger cord up and through the gap where the A-pillar meets the dashboard. Done and done. Perfect viewing location yet out of the way of your field of view and in easy reach of your left hand.
    -D3 MavRom, backup phone

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links