DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bionic lapdock $299.97

  1. Junior Droid
    Houdiniact's Avatar
    Member #
    188504
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #11
    Yeah.... they are out of their F'ing minds. Sorry but I just bought a 13.3 inch laptop with a 10 hour battery life that is more powerfull and does A LOT MORE than this ripoff. LOL not a chance in hell i'm gonna buy this.
  2. Master Droid
    wseyller's Avatar
    Member #
    121920
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hendersonville NC
    Posts
    736
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #12
    Yeah with the Atrix I think you have to pay for tethering or use wifi. That would definitely be a no in that case, unless someone could find a way to free tether with it.


    Actually what would be better is if somehow I could (maybe with the webtop adaptor) dual boot my normal laptop. Basically boot windows7 or my droid bionic. That would be a cool mod. If only my laptop screen had HDMI in.
    Last edited by wseyller; 08-30-2011 at 01:47 PM.
  3. Droid Sensei
    SSHGuru's Avatar
    Member #
    7987
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,844
    Liked
    110 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #13
    They sell this to the stupid.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #14
    Have to agree with the majority, this is a "no point" device.

    If you want a laptop, you'll buy a nicer one. If you want to hook your Bionic to your laptop, you still can.

    The lapdock is some weird idea that we needed an entirely new $300 device designed, to do what a 5$ cord does already.

    Maybe they think it will catch on in very large work places. Since phones have become such a staple of staying in touch with coworkers, they think it would be helpful to, nope... still don't get it.

    Simply plug your pc into your phone, done.
    Last edited by Liderc; 08-30-2011 at 02:01 PM.
  5. Super Moderator
    Trusstopher's Avatar
    Member #
    126629
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,598
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    #15
    I think charging for tethering to use a data connection on a lapdock really hurts the entire "additional fee" argument for tethering.

    1. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use their HDMI out capability.
    2. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    3. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use the HDMI out and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    4. HDMI Out/Keyboard/Mouse ~ Lapdock Functionality
    5. Lapdock Functionality with data ~ Tethering to a laptop (kind of a stretch, but you get the point)

    But hey, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere if they want to make extra money of people who don't know any better.
  6. Senior Droid
    das2042's Avatar
    Member #
    190764
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    198
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Rooted Moto Droid Bionic
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I think charging for tethering to use a data connection on a lapdock really hurts the entire "additional fee" argument for tethering.

    1. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use their HDMI out capability.
    2. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    3. People would say it is crazy to pay the tethering fee to use the HDMI out and a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    4. HDMI Out/Keyboard/Mouse ~ Lapdock Functionality
    5. Lapdock Functionality with data ~ Tethering to a laptop (kind of a stretch, but you get the point)

    But hey, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere if they want to make extra money of people who don't know any better.
    What a minute, I was always under the assumption that the laptop just allowed for a bigger screen and you could still use you phones data without being charged for tethering. If that's not the case and I have to pay for tethering, why wouldn't I just use my laptop and tether with my phone. What a stupid, pointless attachment if that's the case


    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    JerseyFirefighter's Avatar
    Member #
    66459
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    585
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Bionic
    #17
    Id rather use that webtop adapter that they will be selling. It connects to the phones webtop port and has an HDMI out to connect to a tv/monitor.

    http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content...c-adapter5.jpg
  8. Super Moderator
    Trusstopher's Avatar
    Member #
    126629
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,598
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by das2042 View Post
    What a minute, I was always under the assumption that the laptop just allowed for a bigger screen and you could still use you phones data without being charged for tethering. If that's not the case and I have to pay for tethering, why wouldn't I just use my laptop and tether with my phone. What a stupid, pointless attachment if that's the case


    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    This is all based on AT&T's policy with the Atrix. Verizon may not follow suit on this one. But if they do, you can use wifi data all you want, but if you are using you data connection on the lapdock, you will be required to pay the tethering fee.
  9. DF News Team
    Arkbird's Avatar
    Member #
    130753
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Washington DC
    Posts
    1,755
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    This is all based on AT&T's policy with the Atrix. Verizon may not follow suit on this one. But if they do, you can use wifi data all you want, but if you are using you data connection on the lapdock, you will be required to pay the tethering fee.
    If they make us pay tethering fees than they better lower the price of the lapdock by a lot!
  10. DF News Team
    Arkbird's Avatar
    Member #
    130753
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Washington DC
    Posts
    1,755
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #20
    The Atrix lapdock is $199 on Amazon. I wonder if it's the same or compatible with the Bionic...

    Amazon.com: AT&T Laptop Dock for Motorola ATRIX 4G (Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
  2. Using a laptop as the lapdock?
    By J5311 in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
  3. Lapdock?
    By erasmussen14 in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 11:09 PM
  4. Amazon Has a Bionic Case for The Bionic Targa!!
    By Preach2k in forum Motorola Droid Bionic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 10:09 PM
  5. Atrix/Bionic Lapdock = Tethering Charge?
    By therock in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:23 AM

Search tags for this page

bionic keyboard dock
,

bionic lapdock

,
bionic lapdock photon
,
bionic lapdock review
,
droid bionic keyboard dock
,

droid bionic lapdock

,
droid bionic lapdock review
,

lapdock bionic

,
lapdock for bionic
,

motbiolapdk

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+