DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ohioman1972

Thread: Group Email

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Group Email

I have a Droid 4. There was a software upgrade about a month ago and trying to get used to the changes. I am trying to find a way to send an email to a GROUP on my contact list. There no longer seems to be an option. At least, not using the Gmail app. I have tried typing the group name in the recipient list. I have tried to find a way to send from the Contacts list. I pressed a contact from the group and "long pressed". Still no option... What am I missing?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioman1972 View Post
    I have a Droid 4. There was a software upgrade about a month ago and trying to get used to the changes. I am trying to find a way to send an email to a GROUP on my contact list. There no longer seems to be an option. At least, not using the Gmail app. I have tried typing the group name in the recipient list. I have tried to find a way to send from the Contacts list. I pressed a contact from the group and "long pressed". Still no option... What am I missing?
    Open Gmail, press the To: and type in your email addresses that you want to group send, type in your message and press send. I just performed those steps and it worked for me. You don't have to press the ; or the , after each address.
    Joanie
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I have a Droid 4. Still no option... What am I missing?
    Here's another option you can use.

http://m.techrepublic.com/blog/googl...ogle-apps/1483
    Joanie
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I know how to send emails to individual contacts. However, I have a GROUP that I want to send an email to.
    I tried typing in the name of the group and that didn't work.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I know how to send emails to individual contacts. However, I have a GROUP that I want to send an email to.
    I tried typing in the name of the group and that didn't work.
    Ya know, I seriously feel your frustration there Ohioman, that is why I also researched it further after my comment and provided a link FOR YOU... to SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ...send emails to a GROUP OF PEOPLE.

However, I feel that I did not deserve such a harsh response (yes I took it that way right off the bat) from you when all I was trying to do was help. In your first request, YOU DID NOT specify (unless I missed it and will go back and look) that you knew you could send emails in the manner in which I explained to you. Had you been a bit MORE CLEAR in your request, I would of researched it first and provided the link before my answer .....

<<<<SMILING WIDELY>>>>
    Joanie
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SnglGrma View Post
    Ya know, I seriously feel your frustration there Ohioman, that is why I also researched it further after my comment and provided a link FOR YOU... to SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN ...send emails to a GROUP OF PEOPLE.

However, I feel that I did not deserve such a harsh response (yes I took it that way right off the bat) from you when all I was trying to do was help. In your first request, YOU DID NOT specify (unless I missed it and will go back and look) that you knew you could send emails in the manner in which I explained to you. Had you been a bit MORE CLEAR in your request, I would of researched it first and provided the link before my answer .....

<<<<SMILING WIDELY>>>>
    Please allow me to apologize if I seemed snippy. That wasn't my intention. It's tough to gauge on forums a tone of voice. I checked the link and the instructions did not work.
    CJM likes this.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Please allow me to apologize if I seemed snippy. That wasn't my intention. It's tough to gauge on forums a tone of voice. I checked the link and the instructions did not work.
    Ohioman, All is forgiven... if you ever see me write anything on this forum, just always know it is with the kindest of all hearts in trying to help... I hope you were able to get your group email working... on the website I sent ... it said something about having to make a "Group Email" and then add people to that??? Hope you were able to succeed...

Enjoy your week!
    Joanie

Links