DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: droid 4 can i do this

Member #
    Phone
    droid 4

droid 4 can i do this

have a droid 2 and just bought a moto droid 4 from a friend. am planning on using on pageplus after gettin someone to flash, but can i use a sd card instead of the sim card. if so, do i use it [sd] when i have the phone activated by pageplus. thanks for any info. new to all of this, but doing a lot of reading.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Re: droid 4 can i do this

I haven't dealt with flashing to different carriers on the Droid 4, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A sim card and a sd card are completely different things, and are not interchangeable. Sd cards are for storage, and sim cards for network data.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't think of a single way to make a sd card function like a sim card.

Sorry

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaJake View Post
    I haven't dealt with flashing to different carriers on the Droid 4, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. A sim card and a sd card are completely different things, and are not interchangeable. Sd cards are for storage, and sim cards for network data.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I can't think of a single way to make a sd card function like a sim card.

Sorry

no, i am not trying to make a sd function like a sim. can i take the sim out and put in sd for more storage. droid 4 only comes with 8gb
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Re: droid 4 can i do this

The droid 4 has both a micro-sim and micro-sd slot. You don't need to sacrifice one for another.

Member #
    Phone
    droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaJake View Post
    The droid 4 has both a micro-sim and micro-sd slot. You don't need to sacrifice one for another.

that is what got me to ask this question, i can only find one slot to put the sim or sd in. i know where you put the sim in, where for the sd? ok, found it. thanks for the help, found this post and it did the trick:
    Where is the microSD card slot?
    Last edited by outerbanker1; 02-11-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Links