DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Screen/Power on issue

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

Screen/Power on issue

So I have a Droid 4 that I have owned since April. I love the phone, and up to now it hasn't had any issues, other than the low quality/durability of the screen glass that broke a couple weeks after owning it.

Anyway, everything has been working smoothly until earlier on yesterday. I was using my phone, put it in my pocket, and upon pulling it out to use it again I noticed that the screen itself was not turning on. It was backlit, and was responding to touch (I could feel the feedback from unlocking the phone), but the actual screen was not turning on. I turned off the phone by using the shutdown (holding the power button for a few seconds then hitting the power down on the screen, which I had to hit by guessing). I re-booted the phone and everything was fine again for about twenty minutes and it did it again. While the phone is on and functioning normally it is much slower than usual. I haven't installed any new programs other than a facebook update that was done a few days ago. The problem has now escalated to the point where the phone won't turn on now, even when holding the power button and the volume down button.

Is this likely a hardware or software issue that I am facing? If I can get the phone to power back up, should I factory reset it immediately?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Stock Rooted

Re: Screen/Power on issue

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToTheTop View Post
    So I have a Droid 4 that I have owned since April. I love the phone, and up to now it hasn't had any issues, other than the low quality/durability of the screen glass that broke a couple weeks after owning it.

Anyway, everything has been working smoothly until earlier on yesterday. I was using my phone, put it in my pocket, and upon pulling it out to use it again I noticed that the screen itself was not turning on. It was backlit, and was responding to touch (I could feel the feedback from unlocking the phone), but the actual screen was not turning on. I turned off the phone by using the shutdown (holding the power button for a few seconds then hitting the power down on the screen, which I had to hit by guessing). I re-booted the phone and everything was fine again for about twenty minutes and it did it again. While the phone is on and functioning normally it is much slower than usual. I haven't installed any new programs other than a facebook update that was done a few days ago. The problem has now escalated to the point where the phone won't turn on now, even when holding the power button and the volume down button.

Is this likely a hardware or software issue that I am facing? If I can get the phone to power back up, should I factory reset it immediately?
    If you can get it to boot up you can try a factory reset. Sounds like a hardware issue to me though. I think I'd call VZ and have them send me a replacement.

Sent from my Droid 4

Links