DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Problems with Bluetooth after ICS update

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Problems with Bluetooth after ICS update

RE: Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) update renders Blue Tooth (BT) on Droid 4's inoperable. Spent nearly the entire weekend attempting to find a fix or work around for the BT connection between my car and Droid 4 which following the ICS update rendered my BT mute--connection made, but no audio. Following nearly every forum suggestion and taking my phone into several Verizon stores, and sitting on "hold" for over 3 hours (I finally gave up), Verizon Wireless left me by saying, "sorry we can't do anything more". Unbelievable that in this day and age where safety (hands free devices) is a must (and mandatory in several states and Federal lands), I'm left with the latest and greatest Droid (4) without a working BT. Verizon, this is a basic cell phone service and function. To not have a fix is simply unacceptable. Please tell me there is a fix to this?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    The weird part to this story is .... if I turn off my BT.... start a call on my Droid 4... then in the middle of the call...go to my settings and turn on my BT... it works! But then still can't make or receive any calls (no audio) with BT on.
    Last edited by GGDroid; 09-23-2012 at 11:59 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    Having the same problem, did you ever find a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by GGDroid View Post
    RE: Ice Cream Sandwhich (ICS) update renders Blue Tooth (BT) on Droid 4's inoperable. Spent nearly the entire weekend attempting to find a fix or work around for the BT connection between my car and Droid 4 which following the ICS update rendered my BT mute--connection made, but no audio. Following nearly every forum suggestion and taking my phone into several Verizon stores, and sitting on "hold" for over 3 hours (I finally gave up), Verizon Wireless left me by saying, "sorry we can't do anything more". Unbelievable that in this day and age where safety (hands free devices) is a must (and mandatory in several states and Federal lands), I'm left with the latest and greatest Droid (4) without a working BT. Verizon, this is a basic cell phone service and function. To not have a fix is simply unacceptable. Please tell me there is a fix to this?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellster View Post
    Having the same problem, did you ever find a fix?
    Sadly, NO.... I went round and round and round with Verizon and the Droid... did the hard reset and ....nothing... everything else works great but the bluetooth... tried to connect to other vehicles with no luck, so I know it's the ICS update.... I went through some the forums and experimented with some of their "tricks" in the settings, but unfortunately, nothing again....
    VERY pathetic that I don't get a REAL answer or direction from Verizon... basically they gave up... and I'm stuck with a phone with no bluetooth usability. If you get anywhere, I'd love to hear back...
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    I've called Motorola and they had me do a "soft Reset" to no avail, they told me to call back if it didn't work but I haven't yet since they said the next step is the hard reset. Since people have already done that to no avail i'm not interested. Would love to hear from anyone who actually found a fix. By the way i'm driving a infiniti g35, worked fine until the ics update. I actually get sound if i am talking on my phone before i get into the car and start the car with bluetooth connected, but if i try from scratch while in the car it doesn't work.. go figure, NEED Answers!

Sadly, NO.... I went round and round and round with Verizon and the Droid... did the hard reset and ....nothing... everything else works great but the bluetooth... tried to connect to other vehicles with no luck, so I know it's the ICS update.... I went through some the forums and experimented with some of their "tricks" in the settings, but unfortunately, nothing again....
    VERY pathetic that I don't get a REAL answer or direction from Verizon... basically they gave up... and I'm stuck with a phone with no bluetooth usability. If you get anywhere, I'd love to hear back...[/QUOTE]
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    outsid0r
    Phone
    Droid 4
    quite honestly it maybe your devices, i can make/take calls on BT via my headset or even my cars radio... never had any problems from day 1 with ICS. Are either of you running anything but a stock ROM? im full stock except rooted with 0 BT issues
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Question?
    Did you do a Factory Reset on the phone and before installing any of your apps try the blue tooth and phone?
    I had loads of problems with my phone when I got the update, tried everything to fix them without the factory reset... but gave up and reset... now everything works good...
    Oh!! And Dont save the settings to reload when you Factory Reset...

Good Luck!
    Last edited by SnglGrma; 11-06-2012 at 02:04 PM.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid 4
    Thanks for the response OUtsidOr & SnglGrma, It's not the device, not running anything but stock and Motorola has admitted that there has been problems since the update. I am trying to avoid a hard reset, don't feel like instaling all my apps again, finally have the phone like i want it :-). Any other suggestions before the factory reset?

Quote Originally Posted by outsid0r View Post
    quite honestly it maybe your devices, i can make/take calls on BT via my headset or even my cars radio... never had any problems from day 1 with ICS. Are either of you running anything but a stock ROM? im full stock except rooted with 0 BT issues
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    outsid0r
    Phone
    Droid 4
    well if moto said its an issue maybe you can persuade them to swap u to another device, either the same or newer... it sure is worth a shot as its been told to you that it is a manufacturer defect.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Nope, sorry... I can't imagine it being ICS defect.. but who knows with software these days... I still venture to say you have a conflict with a few apps on your phone and when you do a factory reset, delete all and do not have the phone reinstall apps after the reload. set it back up and test your blue tooth BEFORE adding any apps... if it still does not work ask for a replacement phone.

if it does, you can easily add your apps back by going to the google website play store and send one by one to your phone, testing each time to see if you find the conflicting apps. .. if so.. you saved yourself the steps in getting a replacement phone.
    Shellster likes this.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links