Can't for the life of me find the appropriate setting for this.
- stock SMS app, not using handcent or gosmspro.
If i receive a txt while using my phone, whether browsing/typing a text/making a call, i get a loud voice alert saying "text message from _______" and i get a popup in the middle of the screen asking me what i want to do, dismiss, read, etc. Even with the phone on vibrate it'll blast the voice alerts. if the phone is not in use it vibrates/rings normally with no voice alert.
- talkback is set to "off" under 'settings > accessbility'
- under 'language and input > speech > text to speech output' there are no settings other than speech rate
- nothing in call settings in regards to in call alerts
- i searched and found galaxy users were having similar problems remedied by turning 'driving mode' off, but i cant find this setting anywhere on the droid