I appreciate everyone's feedback and when I have some spare time I'll definitely follow the steps in a few of the responses, but thus far I entirely disagree that ICS is better at all than stock Droid OS. It's some simple things:
1. The snooze space for the alarm clock is now 1/4 of the screen instead of being 90%. This and 'updated' version of the ap. so nothing I can do about.
2. Rocket player no longer responds to bluetooth headset controls when the phone triggers lockout/sleep. Now I have to unlock the phone to advance a song or go back. Hopefully resetting and reloading will fix this
3. I used to be able to download podcasts from websites by simply clicking on the link and clicking 'save link as'. Now the browser only allows me to save the image of the button to the file rather than the file itself.
4. Now when i hold the home button down on the home page it doesn't show me the other homescreens so that I can pick one to go to, it shows the aps that are open.
5. There's now a good 1/2 second latency in responding to bluetooth controls from my headset. Hopefully resetting the phone will correct this as well.
There's more like this but you get the point. Number's 2 and 3 are the ones that most upset me and I now can no longer use the phone like I want to use it.