DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: ringtones won't stay assigned

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Angry ringtones won't stay assigned

Well I'm back with the same problem..
    I do NOT understand why Droid 4 keeps changing my ringtones. This shouldn't be rocket science for heaven's sake!! Droid keeps going back to the 'default' ringtones. I originally had Ringdroid assign them, and it works for awhile... then suddenly all the ringtones have changed AGAIN. If anyone knows a fix for this, I would so much appreciate it. Thanks
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    i have noticed this when the ringtone is on the SDCard (the d4 sees it as sdcard-ext) and the phone is plugged into thru usb as a MASS STORAGE DEVICE.

When the phone is in mass storage mode the sdcard (both sdcard and sdcard-ext) unmount from the phone to mount on the computer, during this android defaults the ringtone to whatever, It seems when the sdcard is remounted on android, it does not always relink the ringtones. You could try moving the ringtones to a non-sdcard area and then the phone should not unmount them.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I was wondering if I were able to move my downloaded ringtones into the system ringtones, would they stay put? However when I tried to do that with Root Explorer, it said I had to 'root' the phone. I understand that can be a big can of worms, so I'm reluctant. Besides, it might not work like I was thinking anyway. Thoughts?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    yes you would need to be rooted, luckily with the "droid 4 utility" which can be found in the "hacks" forum, root can be achieved pretty easily.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by aloha52 View Post
    Well I'm back with the same problem..
    I do NOT understand why Droid 4 keeps changing my ringtones. This shouldn't be rocket science for heaven's sake!! Droid keeps going back to the 'default' ringtones. I originally had Ringdroid assign them, and it works for awhile... then suddenly all the ringtones have changed AGAIN. If anyone knows a fix for this, I would so much appreciate it. Thanks
    I would suspect that Ringdroid has had updates and when updates come trhu some programs loose their data for such things as assigning ringtones.

Try setting them up without using Ringdroid and see if they stay. I have NEVER had ring tone reset if it is done thru the phone and not an add on program.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola xprt

Unhappy Ok this would be good advice if....

Quote Originally Posted by gossipninja View Post
    i have noticed this when the ringtone is on the SDCard (the d4 sees it as sdcard-ext) and the phone is plugged into thru usb as a MASS STORAGE DEVICE.

When the phone is in mass storage mode the sdcard (both sdcard and sdcard-ext) unmount from the phone to mount on the computer, during this android defaults the ringtone to whatever, It seems when the sdcard is remounted on android, it does not always relink the ringtones. You could try moving the ringtones to a non-sdcard area and then the phone should not unmount them.
    I am having the same problem with my phone. It changes ringtones of my alarms the ringtone of my messages, my phone calls.. etc.
    I thought it was an app so I un-installed everything and it still does it.
    I thought maybe a virus ...so I installed (and Un-installed) several different antivirus with no results.
    I do have ringtones on SD card and on the phone... and they all reset when one does. Some to other Ringtones on the SD card some to ones saved on the phone. I haven't hooked my phone up to my computer in a few months so I know it isn't hooking it up like mass storage device doing it.

Links