DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4G Dropping Connection (but icon still shows)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @reichbc7
    Phone
    DROID 4

4G Dropping Connection (but icon still shows)

Droid 4
    6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US
    Rooted through Motofail
    Bloatware frozen, otherwise zero modification to system files.

My problem is that, even in an area of advertised full 4G coverage, the 4G symbol turns white, but does not disappear. It still lights up the up/down indicators, but it will not seem to go blue again until I finally decide to ignore it and put it back in my pocket.

I went to Verizon and they replaced the 4G-SIM Card, and the lady asked me if it was rooted. It is rooted, but all root-specific apps are hidden, so I told her "no."
    (She asked because it has LauncherPro as a home replacement, Avast fired off on her when she replaced the SIM, and she said that Firefox isn't available to phones on their network without being rooted (I lol'd very loud at that comment).)

After she replaced the SIM, I went out to my car, jumped on YouTube for some tunes, and immediately 4G went white again.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 4
    I have a DROID 4 and have been having the same problem for a week or 2. My phone is not rooted,though I have used fox fi (free hotspots app). Suspect it was related to that or my using large amounts of data. However I've used up to 80gbs previous months and only at 21gbs now.( I use netflix and Hull on my phone a lot). One think I noted was that when I switched the network to CD ma only (3g) it was not doing it. Its only the late that is, suspect it could be a whole network issue. I'm in long beach, CA area. Would be interested to know if others are having the same issues in the LA/OC area.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I had the same problem. When I took it to Verizon the lady told me to try switching airplane mode on for a couple seconds and let everything disconnect then turn it off. It seems to work when I do it but the problem persists. It happened both before and after root.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    That happens to me all the time! I think either these phones have defective 4G chips, or VZW's LTE isn't ready for primetime yet. I'm going to leave my D4 on 3G for the time being and try 4G again next week.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I live in Central Massachusetts and we have no problems here. If in a 4G area i have no drop outs and noon of my coworkers have had any problems.

What i have noticed though and have not looked into is that if my phone is on my desk with the screen off for more than 30 minutes (and that is critical in this explanation) and i turn the screen back on it show white for about 1/2 a second. If less than 30 minutes has gone by it is blue right from the screen turning on.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    i have the same exact problem in GARDENA CA. ive swiched my sim card and its the same. i also only get 1-3 bars of 4g. when i switch to 3g it turns blue but 4g drops alot!!!
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I went to Verizon for this very problem. The manager of the location told me it was a known issue that an update is needed to fix. They looked this up, according to them at least.

I was told an update to address the issue would be out in a few weeks. Sounds like typical "I don't want to deal with him" attitude, but this is what I was told.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid2
    I have been having the same problem here in Tacoma, WA for the last few weeks.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Hm, I have that issue too. I just thought it was because I was in an area that is not 4G ready, but also see it a lot when my Wi-Fi decides to come on by itself. (I have it set to find connections, because it can connect to my work and my home networks), or if my phone is not being used for a period of time.

Drives me crazy because when it turns white, it's harder to get a connection, so I have to reboot my phone, even if I am on my home network. Got to be something I have changed.... Right??~
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Motorola
    Just FYI But I've had the same issues--- blue bars turing white/gray. I have the droid Bionc and do use PDA net for tethering and WFI hotspot.

Location is in th Orlando Fl area
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links