These fastboot files allow you to recover a bricked device/return to stock Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) on your Motorola Droid 4.
NEVER FLASH AN SBF FOR AN OLDER ANDROID VERSION THAN THE ONE CURRENTLY ON YOUR DEVICE!
YOUR DEVICE MUST BE FULLY CHARGED PRIOR TO FLASHING.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
If you notice a broken link, please send me a PM and I will fix it ASAP.
Android 4.1.2 System Version 98.72.18
- Download the .zip file above
- Download and install RSDLite 5.7
- Download and install the Motorola USB Drivers
- Power off your phone
- Hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader menu
- Use the volume down button to navigate to "Recovery" then use the volume up button to select it
- When you see the android/triangle, press both volume buttons together
- Select "wipe data/factory reset" and on the next screen select "Yes -- delete all user data"
- Once it's finished, select "reboot system now" then immediately press both volume buttons until you see the bootloader menu
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB
- Use the volume down button to navigate to "AP Fastboot" then use the volume up button to select it
- Open RSDLite, press the "..." button at the top, and select the fastboot image .zip file
- Select "Decompress And Start Flashing" and wait for the process to finish (it will take up to 20-30 minutes)
- Once the process is complete, your device should function normally
Credits: kholk, daywalker04, and Skrilax_CZ @ XDA, djb.617 and myfishbear @ DroidForums