DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Button Issues?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Power Button Issues?

Anyone else having power button issues?

This is my 2nd Droid 4, I thought my power button spring back had broken or was no longer, so got a new one, and now it seems to be about the same as well

What happens along with this is when I push the power button to turn off the screen I'd say 75% of the time it give me the power off/airplane mode menu options

It's brutally annoying and often have to hit back or home and power again 10 times before i can just get the screen to go off, anyone else having this?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Ahh yes, the wiggly power button. Unfortunately my droid has it, although not as bad as described on your droid. The button works, but only if I make an effort to click it on the left side, because the right portion on the rectangular button is even with the case. I have heard of others describing a similar issue on their droid and I have seen it on a store model.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4, Wifi R2D2
    My power button is flimsy and I expect this to start happening soon. Poor design.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @keeju
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Yanno... I've had two Droid 4s now.

The first one was fine -- until the ear speaker went dead. Full volume, could barely hear it. Power button was great.

The second one fixed the ear speaker, and the power button is retarded. I just dealt with it, and I took my pocket knife and kept prying the power button out thinking it was the Otterbox screwing up the button. Then the problem just basically went away on it's own. Not sure if there was flash on the edge of the power button locking it into place sometimes when I pressed it or not. But yes -- some of these things have stupid power buttons. The build quality of Motorola is going down the drain sadly. They need to go back to the old D1 design or similar because they were nearly indestructible.
  5. HooMan
    I have a Droid 1, My power buttom totaly gave out. No screen sleep, No power on or off. If I do shut it down it is buy pulling the battery, and to start it back up I insert the power jack. To wake it up I slide my keyboard open one time. Just dealing with it for now.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Any fix for this? My power button has basically almost sunk all the way inside the phone so that now it constantly sticks and I can barely ****ing press it. I also felt this would eventually happen, such an important button should not be so crappy, especially on such a nice (and expensive) phone.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    Yeah, what he said, if the problem is not caused by mishandling or abuse, you will get a repalcement with no deductible.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 xt894
    I must confess and hopefully this will be the fix for everyone regarding this issue.
    i know a good bit about sticky buttons from gamepads, repairing salvaging etc. and let me just say that i think the real culprit on this button is "greasy fingers". yes.. hitting ur phone power button while eating or just after and other forms of residue on your fingers will eventually build up and clog the space around the button that would normally allow it to flow freely.

I recommend you try one of these fixes depending on ur level of proficiency

1. Turn fone off.. and use a cutip dabbed in a touch of methylated spirit and work it around the edges.. not soaked in methylated spirit.. should clear up some of the muck that gathered there and free the button up a bit but may not fully free up the button. once done leave it off for a minute or 2 for methylated to evaporate completely. then turn it on.

2. if u have something thin enough.. slide it into the edges around the button and work it around to clear up some of the muck deeper in the button recess.

3. open the fone and clean the button and housing recess

4. dont droid with greasy hands.
    Last edited by jmagi; 01-02-2013 at 10:18 AM.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    mine popped out of place one time, i used a fine knife to pop the the shell apart a little bit near the button and the button popped back into place and haven't had a problem since.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links