DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horrible battery/charging issues

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Bad Battery DOA

I had the same problem. 5 hours to charge and the phone was dead after a 30 minute call.
    Verizon called it a DOA, luckily I was still in the 14 day period. This DOA phone was mailed to
    me directly from Verizon as a new phone but it had sign's of previous use, the phone was
    filthy on the protective screen, there where fingerprints under the protective screen and scratches
    on the back of the slider. The protective layer that the phone comes with was loaded with bubbles
    and was placed on crooked.
    When I finally got permission from Verizon to bring the phone to a corporate store for a swap, I
    had asked to see all of the Droid 4's they had in stock, there was a lot of eye rolling about that
    but they brought me about a dozen phones out. All but one had a perfect screen protector and that
    is the one which I took. Finally I have a phone with absolutely no problems. I can go a whole day
    on a single charge. Charge time from 10% to full is under an hour and the GPS works great.
    On another note, I have never received a refurbished phone from Verizon that wasn't plagued with
    problems. One Droid 3 replacement had the sim card retainer ripped out, if you turned the phone
    upside down without the cover the SIM card would fall out. Do they really inspect these refurbished
    phones? I don't think so, they just mail you someone else's problem and cross their finger's that you
    are to dimwitted to notice.
    These are smart phones for smart people. Smart people are getting fed up with Verizon's insurance/
    return policy. I won't put up with it anymore, I hope all of you won't either.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    D4 / OG Droid
    Thought I was lucky with my D4 and battery life until today. Basically after 8 hours of surfing, texting, email and about 10 minutes of voice calls battery was drained. Checking battery status, the display consumed nearly 50% and I have it set to less than 50% brightness! Is this normal?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR HD
    8 hours of continuous use? That seems pretty normal if that's the case. When i'm surfing or even reading google books i lose 1% every two or three minutes. So actually 8 hours is pretty good.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    So I just got my phone on Wednesday so I'm still trying to figure out how to use everything. But I'm having the same problem, hours to charge and quick discharge. I installed juice defender but I haven't had time to set it up yet. But when I look at the pre-installed battery information under settings it says that I'm using the majority of my battery on display and I've got the screen brightness at like 9%, I turned the animations off, and apparently told it to lock my phone and shut off the screen every 30 seconds even when I'm in the middle of typing. I've probably got apps running in the background that I don't know about, but if i do they aren't showing up on the battery usage thing. When I actually use an app like to play a game, that shows up and tells me how much I'm using. I'm still within the 14 day period so I'm wondering if I should just take this back and get something else... I really like it, but battery life is kinda important especially since some days I'l probably end up typing papers on it on my way to school (I specifically bought it with that purpose in mind) Thoughts?
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    VZW GALAXY NEXUS
    I have a D4 as a back up and the battery life is fantastic! If I use it with 4G on and 2 Gmail accounts syncing with about 2-4hrs screen time I get 14-17hrs.

My Nexus gets like 6-7hrs with a 2100mah battery lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I'm using my D4 pretty heavily now and I'm getting 6-8 hours on a charge. I could probably get more if i could get these apps to stop starting themselves in the background.

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums App
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links