DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Physical Keyboard malfunction

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Physical Keyboard malfunction

I've already replaced this phone once for the same issue: Mid-way through typing up a text message, my physical keyboard will become completely unresponsive. I'll go to ColorNote, gmail, or any other app and the problem remains. The only working text input will be the on-screen alternative, which, if I was willing to use, I'd have a f****n' Droid Razr. The problem remains until I reboot the phone. I need a fix, because this is an infuriating issue

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4 Motorola
    I also had this same issue. I was in the process of finishing up a lengthy text MMS. And the physical keyboard just quit working. The phone was also getting low on battery, so I charged it up thinking this had something to do with it... and it still malfunctioned. So I called and talked to tech support the next day. They said that this is most likely due to the lack of memory available to support all of the phones functions. They recommended power the phone off waiting 15 seconds and powering it on again to reset the issues. Which is not the ideal solution. It was extremely irritating, I didn't have a lot of apps running, and he also asked if my inbox seems full neither were the case. This solved it, so at least it was not permanent.
    Last edited by LyndzerDroid; 03-08-2012 at 11:16 AM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yeah, I just did a reboot. But that's still a pain in the ass. Imagine needing it for GPS or something. It shouldn't happen at all. Never happened in 2years w/ my OG Droid

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    This is not related but I just made it a habit to reboot the phone every day just like my computer. I've been doing it with the D1 so it's not much of a big deal anymore. I've been looking for a reboot app that can be called by the Smart Actions app without needing user interaction so I can schedule a reboot at night or in the morning before I wake up.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Same Obnoxious Issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Leapin'Leemers View Post
    I've already replaced this phone once for the same issue: Mid-way through typing up a text message, my physical keyboard will become completely unresponsive. I'll go to ColorNote, gmail, or any other app and the problem remains. The only working text input will be the on-screen alternative, which, if I was willing to use, I'd have a f****n' Droid Razr. The problem remains until I reboot the phone. I need a fix, because this is an infuriating issue
    I 100% feel your pain--have the same problem you described above. It has been happening to me more and more frequently now, and I have been getting more and more annoyed/frustrated by this recurring issue. I was at a loss as to what may be the issue, so I even tried uninstalling GoLauncher, as I noticed it didn't really happen right away (maybe only few times). Now it is almost every day that I have to reboot my phone to get my keyboard to work, as I tend do a lot of texting/emailing. I'm running out of options here, and would hate to bring the phone back, get a replacement, and then find out that I am burdened with the same stupid problem. Any suggestions here as to what I can do to resolved this issue, ANY whatsoever, would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DX, Droid 4
    Out of curiosity, when your keyboard stops to work does your volume down rocker work but ur volume up rocker wont work?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    No, just the keyboard itself.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Links