DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4G to WiFi and back issue

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    ashobe
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

4G to WiFi and back issue

Playing with new phone this morning at my office. Switched to WiFi and then back to 4G it would not reconnect. Tried flipping it back and forth, no data, turned on airplane mode, then off again, nothing. Only way to get 4G acitive again was power phone off and then back on again, got data.

Any ideas out there?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    This happened to my phone today and with my boss' phone too. 4G was blue the whole time, I toggled Airplane mode on/off but no go. Like you, I had to reboot to get connectivity back.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I've had similar 3g issues, I have noticed, however, is that IP still works, just not DNS. for example, running an ftp program or ssh program via IP address works, but going to google.com in a browser does not. I wonder if anyone else is having similar issues.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    It might or might not be related (because of the Wi-Fi component) but read my post here:

Droid4 Not sending or receiving data (or intermittant) when connected to Wi-Fi (3G)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteCloak View Post
    It might or might not be related (because of the Wi-Fi component) but read my post here:

Droid4 Not sending or receiving data (or intermittant) when connected to Wi-Fi (3G)
    I saw that, I don't think it's my issue, however. Uppon further investigation, DNS is failing due to a timeout. I do see that my phone reports 5 blue bars and -84dbm/0asu when sitting in a spot that was dead to my old Droid X (and is currently to a coworker's Galaxy Nexus). I now suspect there may be an issue with the way the system is reporting data connections. Now that I think about it, I've never seen it below 4 bars, even in elevators and similar dead spots. Anyone seeing the same thing?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Experiencing the same problem... hadn't known it was happening; e-mails were coming in late, and I believe that's 'cause it was looking for wifi instead of switching/relying on ANY/ALL connections (3 or 4g) which were present.
    Turning wi-fi OFF, and then rebooting has allowed my phone to connect 4g from my desk.

Is this a bug? Are these forums monitored? Will Verizon fix this/address it? How to make them aware. I've only had the phone (Droid 4) three days now.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Something else you can try (was suggested to me by one of the Verizon reps) is to go in to Menu-->Settings-->Wireless & Network Settings scroll down to the bottom to ''Mobile networks' and change the network from CDMA/LTE (4G) to CDMA (3G) and/or vice versa. It worked for my when I was getting bad 4G connectivity in a good 4G area but it didn't help my 3G swapping to wi-fi and back issues.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I have the same issue with my 2 day old droid4. Everything works fine with wifi but when I turn it off there is no data access. Rebooting did fix it.......for now.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    If it's any consolation, it hasn't happened since that first time I encountered it.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    og droid, droid 4
    Hello all,
    Newbie? here...Same problems here. Been working on this issue since 2/13. On second phone now, Third one is on it's way. Was on a conference call with tier 2 Verizon tech and motorola Tech Tuesday night. Factory reset did nothing but lose my unsaved apps. They say they have no idea ???? They have had no issue with this. The kids Razer has Identical software, and Ginger 2.3.6 has not had a problem.... Neither is Rooted yet, BTW. And no 4G close by to test just 3G and lots of open and secure WIFI...Tried it all , NOT HAPPY with big Red....I will try #3 and then maybe root.....if all else fails I will be rockin the OG until recall, software update,or ICS...Thanks for letting me Vent!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links