DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth the money

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc eris

Is it worth the money

I want a new phone but can't justify spending $200 on something that's virtually a toy I text,Facebook,tweet and rarely make calls on. I use my old Eris for gps n the above mentioned. But its slow n glitchy. Wanna get razr or D4 but will it reboot if stuck (since battery unremoveable) and/or are there any other technical drawbacks. I have the money just don't wanna be stuck with some lemon phone.
    Streaming cloud thing sounds awesome but feeds into my paranoia about leaving my pc that open.
    Just need to hear all the pro's and con's.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid4
    Loving the D4 so far. Don't worry about the non-removal battery, just like the Razor you just hold the power button and the down-volume rocker button for 10 seconds and the phone resets (this is a hardware feature so even a locked OS won't freeze this function).
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc eris
    Thanks,that was the only deal breaker. The price is still a lot for something I just use to waste time. Eris was slow,not just internet stuff just processing speed; it was very frustrating. Sales guy "said" 4G would be in my area soon but I don't exactly trust him. Just kinda wanna know how long the battery lasts in a regular razr. The fact I'd need to carry a spare battery charging device seems ridiculous.
    I don't surf YouTube or do online games on the phone;just check news,weather,Facebook & Twitter. Is the 4G just for fast internet? Because sales rep said keeping it on will drain the battery.
    I'm not tryin to troll,whine or try to justify a purchase. I'd just like to know all the positives and negatives of each new Droid. Is there a site with an honest run down of them all?

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    My suggestion based upon your wanting a 'all day' lasting phone for 4g would be to get the Razr Maxx. It is the real deal with battery length. I have had mine for a week now and have not been able to kill it in a day of use. Closest I have come was 20% after a 16 hour day all on 3G, using my BT head set for 4 hours while at the same time using the GPS on the phone. 90 minutes of phone calls, a couple dozen pictures of which half were posted to Facebook, multiple word and excel file updating through DropBox, and constant email updating and posting through out the day.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc eris
    *jaw drop*
    Ya maxx is good but I guess I'm just bein cheap. Eris's battery lasts a decent amount. I know its an ancient phone that I got free so was pretty content.
    Besides razr's what else would be decent. D4's screen is kinda cumbersome,especially when sliding up to pull out the qwerty pad

6. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    No offense, but why complain about the price of the phone? I mean they have always been $199. You're lucky the Razr price dropped. Wasn't the Eris also $199 when it was released?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc eris
    Ya but I said I got it free,from a rebate. But the razr is $200 which seems like a lot in general considering you could a ps3 for that much and maxx is $300 so an extra hundo for a bigger battery. Guess I'm just being cheap but it seems like a lot for something to screw around with on social networks. Still its useful as gps and a number of other things so I don't wanna go back to flip phones but among the cheaper alternatives what's a good choice?
    Tried iPhone4S,not to be trendy but just so I have a phone that I know will work but it didn't impress me too much. So is the razr battery crappy enough to spend an extra $100 for the maxx?

8. DF News Team/Mod
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Twitter
    @juliothestar
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Premium Member
    Well I hear the Razr Maxx battery is twice as long so you would most likely get about 11 hours on the Razr.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid razr
    Just out of curiosity have you tried your local Best Buy to see if they will do any price matching of Amazon. Some do some don't. Razr Maxx was $199 on Amazon, not sure if it still is. Just a thought. I got my D4 at BB for $99 on Amazon price matchon a new line . $149 for upgrade. Good luck.
    Btw only problem with maxx is BB only has them online.
    Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc eris
    I wasn't aware best buy,or anyone else,did price matching on Amazon. I'll try them out,seems like maxx is the way to go since I'm not a fan of the flip out keyboard. Can these line of razrs work as well in non 4G area as vz salesman said it would be soon but was most likely blowing smoke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links