DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bad Radio? Can a ROM help?

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Still had poor reception after getting the SIM card replaced. Just swapped out the board with the antenna on it, won't know until my commute if it will help.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheknife View Post
    I get 3g and 4g in and near towns, but when traveling between towns I lose all reception including calling and texting. From what I've read the antenna is located on the back housing, which i've already had off of the broken phone when i replaced the screen a while back. If it still isnt fixed after the sim card i will look into making the swap to rule out one more possibility.
    This has happened to me as well. I'm fairly certain it's just a bad radio, because I noticed my signal drastically decline, with constant falling back to 3g all day... right about the time I got my replacement phone from Asurion. Now, my natural inclination would be to blame Asurion for sending me some refurbished POS like they usually do. However, this was a brand new Droid 4 in it's own sealed box. (Actually, they did originally send me a refurb, which had a busted power button, so I called them that night, sent it back to them the next day, and then after that, I recieved my brand new Droid 4...)

...with a brand new ****ty radio. So, with that in mind, I think swapping out the phone will be your best bet. Keep us updated if you do get a new phone, and what the outcome is. Because if it does make a big difference, I may call Asurion and tell them to send me another one as well. I'm sure it'll be another refurb, but finally being able to keep a steady signal again is well worth the trade off.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I've tried the swapping of the sim with mine as well, didn't help me at all either.
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Swapped out the antenna last night, no improvement there either. I am really thinking this is an issue with jb.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheknife View Post
    Swapped out the antenna last night, no improvement there either. I am really thinking this is an issue with jb.
    thats what i was tryin to tell ya. i could fix the issue if i had a test device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links