EDIT: THIS MAY NOT BE ACCURATE, I'M RE-TESTING THIS...
This is for those of you whom have updated your phones from ICS to the JellyBean OTA, that are interested in running a modified JB ROM without using Safestrap 3.11 rom-slots.
Why might you be interested in this?
- Filesystem performance of a rom-slots are degraded. Due to the fact that your /system , /data filesystems are mounted as loopback images on top of a vfat (linux's fat16/fat32 'driver') filesystem on your emmc (internal 'sdcard'). It is simply too slow for my liking.
- ~2GB of freed up space on our emmc (internal sdcard)
Here's all you gotta do. Assuming that you're already on stock JB, and that you're already rooted.
My nerd rage meter has reached DEFCON level 5
- Install Safestrap 2.11
- reboot into safestrap 2.11, do a backup of your stock system.
- switch over to the safe side.
- install Myfishbear's D4HD for JB, or D4 JB eclipse.
- install either ICS_User_Kexec_patch_CDMA.zip (or use the correspond GSM patch if needed.)