DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Eclipse JB for Droid 4

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bofis View Post
    So I'm trying out your experimental no-ext patch and so far so good. Just had to manually tell Titanium Backup where the backup directory went, but nothing else seems to care one way or the other. Thank you for this, I've hated dealing with the two sd-card issue on this phone. I see that sd-card-internal still contains whatever was on the fake SD card, does anything look there or care about what is in there, or can I basically delete everything except the safestrap directory?
    The system file I edited contains two environment variables, originally EXTERNAL_STORAGE pointed to the source of the Internal card, and SECONDARY_STORAGE pointed to the External. I swapped them. So there might be programs that use those, and if so then a small number of those now be pointing to the internal card. (I would hope that any such thing would be selectable.) I should try setting both to External :-)

It looks like internal Android stuff might also explicitly use the internal card still, I'm seeing .android_secure on my internal card with a modified data more recent than the swap.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Well, just some little Android system stuff makes sense and is fine, THANK YOU so much for this patch, I hated having to deal with 2 SD cards and some apps saving files into one download folder and not the other, while it THOUGHT it was saving to my sd-card. This frees up some space since my 64gb microSD card is certainly not filling up yet.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    After some panic last night I fixed my phone. Sbf'd the ota jb thru fastboot. Installed ss 3.11 and flashed eclipse.... only problem I'm having now.... I cannot mound an sd card in safe mode or in my rom slots. My phone just acts as if it does have an option. Went into ss and I can't even click mount sd card. Anybody have any suggestions?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    So it seems that now it is asking me to format the card because it is unsupported format. I guess JB uses a new format perhaps? It is a 64 gb card that was working fine before. I guess my question now is, how the hell do I get the information off this card. Really a lot of photos I would absolutely hate to lose, hate hate hate!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleDoes View Post
    So it seems that now it is asking me to format the card because it is unsupported format. I guess JB uses a new format perhaps? It is a 64 gb card that was working fine before. I guess my question now is, how the hell do I get the information off this card. Really a lot of photos I would absolutely hate to lose, hate hate hate!
    JB does not use a different format than ICS. I would take the SD card out and try to put it in a reader (or a computer with a mini SD slot) and copy the files.

I would NOT format the card until you do this. I've never formatted my SD card and I went from GB to ICS to JB with no issue.
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Ok so far I've tried putting it in other phones, no luck. I don't have an sdhc card reader, but I know somebody that may. It is definitely corrupt or something because it gets hot when put into my device. Problem here is I have photos and videos of the homemade persuasion that I just can't give up on. Any programs or readers somebody may reccommend? What would the steps be to repair it?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleDoes View Post
    Ok so far I've tried putting it in other phones, no luck. I don't have an sdhc card reader, but I know somebody that may. It is definitely corrupt or something because it gets hot when put into my device. Problem here is I have photos and videos of the homemade persuasion that I just can't give up on. Any programs or readers somebody may reccommend? What would the steps be to repair it?
    There's a number of data recovery/extraction programs out there that may or may not be able to assist you in saving your data. Unfortunately, it's tough to say whether or not you'll be able to - a lot of it depends on how badly (if at all) the card is damaged.
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    trying to get this rom installed, im using ICS eclipse in rom slot 1 and when i install JB in slot 2 the boot just shows a black screen, wiped the rom and started over and same thing everytime, maybe a corrupt dl? install shows successful. trying 1.0.5
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by enoell View Post
    trying to get this rom installed, im using ICS eclipse in rom slot 1 and when i install JB in slot 2 the boot just shows a black screen, wiped the rom and started over and same thing everytime, maybe a corrupt dl? install shows successful. trying 1.0.5
    install the kexec patch after the rom.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by myfishbear View Post
    install the kexec patch after the rom.
    awesome thanks, do you still utilize setcpu with JB? my b if this has already been answered

Also i dont see the option to turn off the 4g radio and just use 1X on the dragdown from the top, has this been relocated? that was imperative from your ICS rom to manage my battery to last for a few days.
    Last edited by enoell; 04-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Links