Ubuntu Touch Preview [03/01: Audio fix]
** Work-In-Progress: Ubuntu Touch Preview is just that.. a PREVIEW. Do not complain about missing features, etc. The OS isn't nearly ready for primetime. **
Curious as to how the Ubuntu Touch Preview looks? Why not load it on your Droid 4 and see for yourself.
1. Make a Titanium Backup and/or backup in recovery of your current Android (or just keep it in a different rom slot). This preview is fun to play with but not a replacement for something as developed as CM 10.1
2. Download the Bionic Mini-Android base for Ubuntu Touch and place it on your device:
[03/01] Goo.im Downloads - Browsing ubuntu-phablet (use the newest one)
3. Download the latest Ubuntu Touch Preview Filesystem .zip from Ubuntu:
If the above link is broken, use this link for a full listing of the current build files (download the quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip .. soon to be raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip):
4. Reboot into Safestrap. Create a NEW 2GB ROM in the #4 slot.
4a. Install the quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip FIRST, and then the phablet-2013xxxx.zip SECOND.
5. Reboot and Enjoy
FIRST BOOT TAKES A LONG TIME. AND THERE'S NO BOOT ANIMATION. BE PATIENT (MAYBE 3-4 MINUTES).
- Touch screen
WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
There's so much that is still being implemented into the Touch version of Ubuntu, that this list could get pretty long.
- Barely any sensors other than touchscreen work. IE: no rotation, etc. Ubuntu WIP issue.
- No HD codecs (still being worked on) Ubuntu WIP issue.
- No screen timeout / auto blank -- be careful when walking away from the device. Need to press the power button to turn the screen off. Ubuntu WIP issue.
RELATED UBUNTU TOUCH LINKS:
(Some of these describe how to install it on devices -- you can ignore those instructions and follow the above)
Ubuntu Touch Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/
Release Notes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/ReleaseNotes
IRC Channel on freenode.net: #ubuntu-touch
Attachment 60924Attachment 60925Attachment 60926Attachment 60927