DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need Help!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Need Help!

My phone has been acting weird lately and i want to redo it tonight. Somehow my safestrap file got deleted (trying to move items around in my internal sd and it disappeared). I want to fastboot my phone from 4.1.1 CM10 to .217, and start fresh. Can i just fast boot from the 4.1.1 CM10 rom, or do i need to go back to my non safe mode and fastboot from there? I haven't tried switch back because i'm afraid it will brick since i no longer have the non-safe mode file. Also, is my being on the 4.1.1 android version going to prevent me from using going back to .217 ics?

Thanks,
    Jacob
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by H0H3N5T3RN View Post
    My phone has been acting weird lately and i want to redo it tonight. Somehow my safestrap file got deleted (trying to move items around in my internal sd and it disappeared). I want to fastboot my phone from 4.1.1 CM10 to .217, and start fresh. Can i just fast boot from the 4.1.1 CM10 rom, or do i need to go back to my non safe mode and fastboot from there? I haven't tried switch back because i'm afraid it will brick since i no longer have the non-safe mode file. Also, is my being on the 4.1.1 android version going to prevent me from using going back to .217 ics?
    I may be wrong about all of this, and someone please correct me if I am.

But I'm under the assumption that you can sbf from anything to anything. It's done before the rom gets loaded at the fastboot screen. I also believe that the kernels for .217 ICS and 4.1.1 CM10 are the same, so fastbooting to .217 shouldn't be an issue. FYI, I've switched between Eclipse (4.0.4) and AOKP (4.1.1) many times without any issues.

Finally, is it even possible to delete the original non-safe backup that is created when you switch to safe mode?
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji91 View Post
    I may be wrong about all of this, and someone please correct me if I am.

But I'm under the assumption that you can sbf from anything to anything. It's done before the rom gets loaded at the fastboot screen. I also believe that the kernels for .217 ICS and 4.1.1 CM10 are the same, so fastbooting to .217 shouldn't be an issue. FYI, I've switched between Eclipse (4.0.4) and AOKP (4.1.1) many times without any issues.

Finally, is it even possible to delete the original non-safe backup that is created when you switch to safe mode?
    I believe the problem i encountered was in my internal sd card. It had a file directory of safestrap and it somehow just disappeared. I don't know if that prevents me from going back to non-safe mode, but i don't want to try it and screw everything up.

Links