DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: i think im bricked

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    i wonder why the charging screen wont even show...odd
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    Well, if you can't even get to the bootloader screen it's probably so jacked up that Moto and big V won't be able to check if your phone has been tampered with.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1

Re: i think im bricked

I had this same problem when I bricked my d4 and battery died. I couldnt flash it back to stock cause it wouldn't turn on past the motorola M and I couldn't get to fastboot because it would just die. Tryin to charge it wouldn't help either because it wouldn't boot up far enough to recognize that it was connected to the charger. The only way I found to fix it was to buy a factory programming cable(it powers phone on but doesn't charge). Ordered a clone off ebay for 12 bucks. Plugged phone into computer with it and flashed it back to stock, left it plugged in and booted it all the way. Then when I unplugged phone it immediately died but was reprogrammed so when I switched back to the charger cable it came up with the battery charging screen. I let it fill up all the way then booted phone back up and re-rooted an installed safestrap again. After all that I was back to normal with everything. You can also make your own factory cable from the usb cable that comes with the phone if you choose to go that route, there is a tutorial on here somewhere. It maybe be in tech support or hacks section can't remember. Hope this helped.

Krooked All Day....
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    i think im in the same boat as u. so basicly go buy a programing cable, and connect it to the laptop and phone thru the usb port, and sbf it?
    im gonna try an find that tutorial..its probly on xda

howd u brick urs?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fuelslut View Post
    i think im in the same boat as u. so basicly go buy a programing cable, and connect it to the laptop and phone thru the usb port, and sbf it?
    im gonna try an find that tutorial..its probly on xda

howd u brick urs?
    if you cant wait for a factory cable but are willing to sacrifice a usb cable, you can try what i did to charge my phone when i bricked it.

[HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    @sleepylunatic
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. What I did was get the cable (motorola factory cable in Cables & Adapters | eBay) and plug it in. Very simple.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    News flash...I can get into boot loader but it won't do "normal power up".. so now what?
    u think vzw or moto could tell its been rooted at this point? it wont go past the m logo
    Last edited by 93fuelslut; 12-28-2012 at 10:13 AM.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    and inside ap fastboot, it says device locked and can not program...how is it locked? does that mean bricked
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    Quote Originally Posted by Krooked247 View Post
    I had this same problem when I bricked my d4 and battery died. I couldnt flash it back to stock cause it wouldn't turn on past the motorola M and I couldn't get to fastboot because it would just die. Tryin to charge it wouldn't help either because it wouldn't boot up far enough to recognize that it was connected to the charger. The only way I found to fix it was to buy a factory programming cable(it powers phone on but doesn't charge). Ordered a clone off ebay for 12 bucks. Plugged phone into computer with it and flashed it back to stock, left it plugged in and booted it all the way. Then when I unplugged phone it immediately died but was reprogrammed so when I switched back to the charger cable it came up with the battery charging screen. I let it fill up all the way then booted phone back up and re-rooted an installed safestrap again. After all that I was back to normal with everything. You can also make your own factory cable from the usb cable that comes with the phone if you choose to go that route, there is a tutorial on here somewhere. It maybe be in tech support or hacks section can't remember. Hope this helped.

Krooked All Day....
    do u still have the cable? if u want, i can pay for the shipping both ways that way ur not out anything if i can use it..
    i might just have to send it to moto
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by 93fuelslut View Post
    do u still have the cable? if u want, i can pay for the shipping both ways that way ur not out anything if i can use it..
    i might just have to send it to moto
    If you can get into bootloader, you should be able to select recovery from that menu.

Follow these instructions:

[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

I can't stress this enough, but make sure you follow steps 1-3 first.

Also, I have no problem sending you the cable I had, but it would be faster for you to make your own. It took me about 20 mins and is useful to have in the future. It doesn't even have to be a micro USB cord - you can use any USB cable, USB to USB, USB to mini USB, USB to micro USB, you can probably use an iPhone one. As long as the one end plugs into a charging port of some kind, all you need is positive and negative charge.

Keep in mind that you're still going to need a regular cord to send data to the phone, so don't splice up your only charger.
    Last edited by kenji91; 12-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links