DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    You should! The only thing I'm finding is that I don't think my phone can or does ever connect to 3G or 1x, either just white bars with no data or 4G LTE blue bars with data. If it drops data, it seems to stay that way and only calls and sms work until it gets LTE back (which may require airplane mode) is this similar to what EVERYONE else is experiencing?!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bofis View Post
    You should! The only thing I'm finding is that I don't think my phone can or does ever connect to 3G or 1x, either just white bars with no data or 4G LTE blue bars with data. If it drops data, it seems to stay that way and only calls and sms work until it gets LTE back (which may require airplane mode) is this similar to what EVERYONE else is experiencing?!
    I have the same issue, which is frustrating because I'm in AZ and have great Lte coverage and because I'm not home very much, I mostly need to use my data connection when I need the Internet, which is often.

Also, I had a weird issue that happened. My phone app has been failing frequently. I'll open the phone app and it freezes on the app for a little bit then force closes, the only way I can fix it is to reboot. If I understand correctly, the phone app is part of the gapps package (correct me if I'm wrong) so I decided to reinstall gapps. After I did that I wiped cache/dalvik, and reboot. It got stuck on the boot animation, and I could see the back light flash occasionally as if it was looping. I flashed the 11/26 build again and wiped the caches, it booted up fine after that. Maybe I have a bad/corrupt copy of gapps. I should also note that I also tried to flash myfishbear's speed script (hadn't had a problem with it in the past but maybe it's not compatible with the current builds), so that could've also been the cause of the boot loops.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Yes, the speedscript broke in the last version or two of Eclipse and myfishbear said not to use it until it was updated or fixed. I'm not sure that ever happened, so I'd stay away from installing that script and try another fresh install without it. Good luck!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    droid 2
    Thanks, Bofis. The version I used was the sane version that has worked previously, at least before the snap shot. Did the android version change in the snap shot? I know it's still 4.2. Is there android versions that are like Android 4.2.x?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    That's exactly what happened, CM10.2 used to be 4.2 (and 4.2.2 after that), but is presently 4.3.1, so I'd imagine enough has changed that the script would be broken.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    UGH, installing today's nightly totally screwed up my phone. It lost settings in certain apps and other apps are just NOT INSTALLED anymore, when they were right before the update. I am very confused as to why this occurred, as going between nighties has never caused so much upset before. So be warned, the 12/03 nightly might not be ready for prime time. I did not wipe data or anything before or after the update so I'm at a loss as to why Swype vanished along with a lot of app settings :'(
    Last edited by bofis; 12-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    TheLolotov
    Phone
    Motorola XT894 Droid 4
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by thelolotov View Post
    True. I'm incredibly excited about it, too. However, at the moment, it is incredibly unstable; it's still a baby, lol. I'd prefer to wait until that build has the stability of Stock, with the features of KitKat, before I'd use it.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jishkah View Post
    True. I'm incredibly excited about it, too. However, at the moment, it is incredibly unstable; it's still a baby, lol. I'd prefer to wait until that build has the stability of Stock, with the features of KitKat, before I'd use it.
    Almost everybody from that thread is using it as a daily, lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6formula350 View Post
    Almost everybody from that thread is using it as a daily, lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I just switched today and could not be happier. cm11 is way faster and the new Android Runtime (ART) is LIGHTNING quick. Consider myself done with Jelly Bean. I want to thank hash and anyone else that put time into CM10. I'm sure a bunch of the cm10 people are on the cm11 team, but if not, thank you for the cm10 mod that i have happily used for the past year

Links