DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I started out trying Myfishbear's scripts but I must be doing something wrong. Mine freezes in the boot animation after every instal and I have to restore my backup to get through it.
    Last edited by rover95disco; 02-04-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Poor typing on my part!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid 4

Re: Unofficial CM10.1/JB 4.2.1 ROM Development [01/29: UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by rover95disco View Post
    I started out trying myfishbear's. I must be doing something wrong, mine freezes in the boot animation after everyone. I have to restore my backup to get through it.
    Did you try any of them without the lv ulv options? Or even the 1200? Could try keeping your backup and wiping completely, doing a fresh install and seeing if it works. I also know myfishbear recommends flashing the OC, booting up and then going back and flashing the speedscript. It could also be that your particular phone can't handle OCing. My first D4 had that problem, then I sent it in for warranty and got another one and it handles most of them fine.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smoysauce View Post
    Did you try any of them without the lv ulv options? Or even the 1200? Could try keeping your backup and wiping completely, doing a fresh install and seeing if it works. I also know myfishbear recommends flashing the OC, booting up and then going back and flashing the speedscript. It could also be that your particular phone can't handle OCing. My first D4 had that problem, then I sent it in for warranty and got another one and it handles most of them fine.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
    i agree with smoysauce. try another one. my device cannot boot with any low volts (lv). try his 1375hv just to see if it will work (should) and keep trying others. in my experience you dont have to wipe to try a new one. just flash over the old one in recovery and be sure to run the speed script after. good luck!
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    Quote Originally Posted by meek2100 View Post
    Is wifi tethering working/ I'm on the 1/29 build and turn it on but couldn't find it in available network APs on my tablet.
    no as of right now wifi tether does not work
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Other than my phone booting up, is there a way to tell if the OC took?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID4

Re: Unofficial CM10.1/JB 4.2.1 ROM Development [01/29: UPDATES]

Quote Originally Posted by rover95disco View Post
    Other than my phone booting up, is there a way to tell if the OC took?
    Check out SetCPU on Play Store.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Does this ROM seem to have rather high memory usage? I have 809mb used and 31mb free. My tablet, an ASUS Transformer that is also running 4.2.1 (AOKP on both, Hashcode's AOKP in the case of the D4) has around half of its memory free and it has slightly less total RAM. I understand that Android preloads apps and such, but it does seem like a lot used. Am I wrong? How is your memory usage with this ROM?

EDIT: Closed everything and I am sitting at 136mb free after letting the phone sit a couple minutes.
    Last edited by tomf80; 02-05-2013 at 08:24 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tomf80 View Post
    Does this ROM seem to have rather high memory usage? I have 809mb used and 31mb free. My tablet, an ASUS Transformer that is also running 4.2.1 (AOKP on both, Hashcode's AOKP in the case of the D4) has around half of its memory free and it has slightly less total RAM. I understand that Android preloads apps and such, but it does seem like a lot used. Am I wrong? How is your memory usage with this ROM?

EDIT: Closed everything and I am sitting at 136mb free after letting the phone sit a couple minutes.
    I also noticed this and very laggy operation. Not sure what is causing it. Used Kernal Tuner to turn on CPU1 which was off? no idea why could be my error.... still laggy though. I think the build needs to be cleaned up. Overclocked to 1375highspeed from Myfishbear (Thank you) and also thanks dev for this rom. I was a DD on it when it started just before incoming calls could be accepted lol.

Any idea developer why the laggy operation/mem usage is happening?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by colton22 View Post
    I also noticed this and very laggy operation. Not sure what is causing it. Used Kernal Tuner to turn on CPU1 which was off? no idea why could be my error.... still laggy though. I think the build needs to be cleaned up. Overclocked to 1375highspeed from Myfishbear (Thank you) and also thanks dev for this rom. I was a DD on it when it started just before incoming calls could be accepted lol.

Any idea developer why the laggy operation/mem usage is happening?

Is the 'sluggishness' actually just the screen tearing mentioned in the release notes?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by altoid View Post

Is the 'sluggishness' actually just the screen tearing mentioned in the release notes?
    I wish that were the case. The tearing isn't all that important and is only seen when scrolling. This is the phone being slow in switching screens, loading apps, most things in general.

This morning when I woke up the phone had a message saying Apex was taking too long. I hit OK to close it and it sat for a couple minutes before making any progress. Something else came up briefly then it went back to the AOKP X splash screen and partially restarted (not sure what the term for that restart is), but was still extremely slow. I had to hit power and volume down to shut it off and restart it. Then I got constant messages about android.media had stopped. Restarting again from the power menu resolved this.

I would guess what I saw this morning was the waking up from sleep issue, as the alarm should have been going off by that time, though it wasn't.

If the phone slowing down so much isn't being experienced by many I might reflash and wipe and see if things improve any. As mentioned before, I am on Hashcode's AOKP, not CM10.1. Any chance we can convince Hashcode that he should prefer AOKP over CM?
Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Links