DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orangechoochoo

Thread: Droid 4 ROMS Rating Chart - As of Today

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4 (Droid 4 HD)

Droid 4 ROMS Rating Chart - As of Today

Hey all. There are a list of custom Droid 4 ROMS that are available on this website alone. I'd like to ask some of you to post, in your opinion, a list of your top 3 Droid 4 ROMS, with reasons as to why each is the best. The first one on your list should represent the one that you favor most.

I'm doing this partly because I think the Droid 4 Community would appreciate it, and because i'm considering switching ROMS (;

Let us know!
    Last edited by local444; 11-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Hmm.. ill play.

1. Droid4HD
    PROs: its stable, everything works and you get circle widgets!
    CONs: Not very customizable, no auto display adjusting, not great battery life, bloatware, sluggish compared to aokp roms.

2. Eclipse
    PROs: its stable and everything works.
    CONs: Same as Droid4HD and cant get circle widgets

3. AOKP 4.2JB
    PROs: Fast, stable, customization and great battery.
    CONs: No circle widgets, no camera flash, no mms messages without GO SMS app
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    Eclipse has bloatware? And it's sluggish? I got the same quadrant scores with Eclipse as I did with AOKP JB. All the bloatware is stripped unless you use the hybrid version. Quadrant has consistently been in the 3500 range for both.

The only "detriment" of Eclipse is that it's not as customizable but some people don't care, they want a clean and fast rom without much tinkering and that's what Eclipse is for. Most of all it's bug free.

All the other ones (AOKP, CM, CNA) have differing levels of customization and CM is supposed to be the most stable of the group, but until they can get JB to work with the ICS kernel there will continue to be bugs with data, camera, SMS, etc.

For me, I used Eclipse for a long time due to its stability and speed but I've been using AOKP for the last two weeks. I'm lucky that the camera, data, and SMS work for me. At first data and camera was a problem but after playing with the settings they have not bugged me since.

I'm currently waiting for Zach's new rom to come out.
    Z4ck likes this.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
    Eclipse has bloatware? And it's sluggish? I got the same quadrant scores with Eclipse as I did with AOKP JB. All the bloatware is stripped unless you use the hybrid version. Quadrant has consistently been in the 3500 range for both.

The only "detriment" of Eclipse is that it's not as customizable but some people don't care, they want a clean and fast rom without much tinkering and that's what Eclipse is for. Most of all it's bug free.

All the other ones (AOKP, CM, CNA) have differing levels of customization and CM is supposed to be the most stable of the group, but until they can get JB to work with the ICS kernel there will continue to be bugs with data, camera, SMS, etc.

For me, I used Eclipse for a long time due to its stability and speed but I've been using AOKP for the last two weeks. I'm lucky that the camera, data, and SMS work for me. At first data and camera was a problem but after playing with the settings they have not bugged me since.

Quick question on that note,
    Does AOKP/Eclipse have a fully functional Google Now capabilitiy? Droid 4 HD's is workable, but buggy to say the least.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    The JB roms do, for Eclipse there is a Google Now patch which works.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post

It's been awhile since ive been on eclipse so it probably doesnt have all of the bloat like droid4HD but its really not a problem to go through and freeze the apps i never would use with titanium.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlo97z View Post
    It's been awhile since ive been on eclipse so it probably doesnt have all of the bloat like droid4HD but its really not a problem to go through and freeze the apps i never would use with titanium.
    you can intsll my D4HDWidgets4 patch on eclipse for the circles widget
    there are 4 versions of droid hd with different levels of bloat full, lite, elite, and ulite http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/m...id 4 Roms/D4HD
    Last edited by myfishbear; 11-28-2012 at 01:40 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by myfishbear View Post
    there are 4 versions of droid hd with different levels of bloat full, lite, elite, and ulite Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid
    Which one do you recommend for fastest and most stable daily use with the best battery life?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    depends on which apps you use. id try the ulite. if its too stripped down go for elite than lite
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by myfishbear View Post
    there are 4 versions of droid hd with different levels of bloat full, lite, elite, and ulite Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid
    oh, well thats new lol. what are the differences for each?

Links