DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Droid4HD For JB

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    just wanted to add for people from europe that you can use olegfusions patch (its in the eclipse thread). Works with this rom and extremely happy with it now On stock speed and to be honest, i dont see the reason to overclock. My battery life is incredible aswell. After 16 hours of normal use (during work day and music+internet in train) I currently have 50% battery life after 16 hours!

And that while I installed this rom last night, so it only can get better!

Okay, might try the speedscript and report difference. One question though, how do i remove the google search bar? Or is it gone in the ultra light version? Couldnt find anything about it.

thanks fish, great rom!
    Last edited by komani86; 12-19-2012 at 03:34 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    applied the 1370 oc with the speedscript patch and after 4 hours of next to no usage it's already down to 65%. Is this normal? Before the oc patches I was getting easily 25-26 hours with moderate usage on this rom. thanks for any input from those of you who have overclocked, i thought i saw people report at least a full day. i am using setcpu with profiles to regulate the cpu usage cap when screen is off, battery low, etc. battery history shows majority of use on screen and android os. this is the first full charge test, maybe it gets better after a few charges cycle through.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motrola Droid 4
    Do I need flash overclock patches? Which one should I flash?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Do I need flash overclock patches? Which one should I flash?
    Depends on you, I prefer to stick to stock speed (1.2GHZ), but tried to undervolt (LV=low volt, ULV= ultra low volt). Gives good results for me, it drains less battery in my case. Might try 1320LV and can report findings about it, but 1200LV worked well for me.

Just installed 1320LV and its much smoother, i'll report findings about battery life and FC's in a few days. Anyone from EUROPE able to tell me how tthey charge? I ordered a converter for the US motorola charger, because my HTC charger has different volts/ams

Output
    HTC: 5V~1000mA
    Moto:5.1V~850mA

The input shouldn't matter, if im right. Anyways the phone says its charging, but it doesnt charge at ALL, even when i turn off the phone! When I connect it to my laptop it just charges though. Anyone had this before?

[EDIT]

After 1 day I can say the battery life with 1320LV is more or less the same as 1200 normal. With normal use the life I can survive the day and have ~40% spare battery (16hrs). It's MUCH smooth though and dididn't have any FC's. I am using the ULTRA lite version, because I dont like the motorola homescreen with the locked google search bar + somehow the whole system is faster without all the junk that comes preinstalled. Thanks fish, youre an amazing dev!

I tried 1380ULV, but that didnt work AT ALL for the phone, had to reset with VOLDN+POWER. I'll try the 1380 and 1400LV soon.

1380 and 1380LV not working for me.
    1400LV it doesnt boot up.
    1200LV works aswell, seems to save quite the battery (~1-2hours more life)

Going back to 1320LV, seems to be optimal for me.
    Last edited by komani86; 12-25-2012 at 06:10 AM.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by komani86 View Post
    Anyone from EUROPE able to tell me how tthey charge? I ordered a converter for the US motorola charger, because my HTC charger has different volts/ams

Output
    HTC: 5V~1000mA
    Moto:5.1V~850mA

The input shouldn't matter, if im right. Anyways the phone says its charging, but it doesnt charge at ALL, even when i turn off the phone! When I connect it to my laptop it just charges though. Anyone had this before?
    The charger voltage doesn't matter in that case, but charging at 1000mA does cause some problems to the touchscreen (does not register correctly when charging, working properly after disconnecting from charger or charging from computer).
    It could also be a bad power regulator, but who knows :P. In some cases when charged with insufficient power (less than 500mA) like from a computers usb port when it's in sleep mode, the phone indicates charging without actually doing so.
    Just my findings, or my phone is faulty
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    hey, guys . Im sorry but could someone really help me out. Im kinda new to overclocking and underclocking and all that and ive read here that some people can get their phones to work up to 16-20 hours with this rom. My phone barely makes 8 hours.i dont really stream videos or use the internet. All i really do is text and it doesnt last that long. could someone just please tell me how to get my phone to last more than 10 hours at least with this rom. im really liking everything in here. im willing to learn about overclocking and all that. ive been rooting my phones for 3 years now but never really oc them. thanks a lot.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by zagan13 View Post
    hey, guys . Im sorry but could someone really help me out. Im kinda new to overclocking and underclocking and all that and ive read here that some people can get their phones to work up to 16-20 hours with this rom. My phone barely makes 8 hours.i dont really stream videos or use the internet. All i really do is text and it doesnt last that long. could someone just please tell me how to get my phone to last more than 10 hours at least with this rom. im really liking everything in here. im willing to learn about overclocking and all that. ive been rooting my phones for 3 years now but never really oc them. thanks a lot.

You won't save battery by overclocking, if you want to really get battery life at the cost of a slower phone (not really noticeable if you are just texting) you can underclock it. Just flash the underclock zip after your rom and you should notice an improvement in battery life. It also helps to run at lower brightnesses and turn of sync with programs you don't use
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    clear out the junk on your sdcard. use custom auto brightness or lux to lower the illuminator values(#1 cause of battery drain). delete any apps that constantly look to the web. calibrate you battery by draining it till it shuts off and charge it to 100% in charge only mode. install the regular 1320 oc (it is under-volted in comparison to stock)
    look here
    300mhz 1025mv
    575mhz 1195mv
    750mhz 1213mv
    1100mhz 1300mv
    1320mhz 1350mv
    the stock kern uses much more power even in resting states
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    ovelayer
    On the 8mp camera the panorama fc's..
    is that the best camera or..???
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Anyone know of a inverted gapps that works with this rom?
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Links