DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Eclipse ICS for droid 4

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Well the other 8gigs are used for the nonsafe(stock) system which is a limitation of made by motorola, the original rom uses 8gigs for system storage and the other 8 as a "fake" sd-card, so safestrap is limited to using those 8gigs as romslots and shared storage.

Quote Originally Posted by bofis View Post
    Hi, I recently did a full wipe and reinstall of this ROM just to clean stuff up as I was having storage issues when updating already-installed apps. When I check under Storage in the main Settings, it has the internal storage listed as "App Storage" of a little more than 2 gigs, and then the fake internal SD-Card partition also maybe a lil more than 2 gigs from the look of it. My question is, where in the world is the rest of the 16 gigs of internal storage?!?! I don't even want there to be the stupid SD-Card partition, but if that's only using up 2 gigs, why are apps trapped in some other small 2gig partition? Is there some way to re-size the partitions in Android or even possibly make the ROM so that it just treats the internal storage as ONE 16 gig partition, which would seem to make far more sense than whatever it's doing now. While it says I have 331mb available for "Application Storage" I'm sure that my internal storage isn't nearly that full....and even so, why wouldn't Facebook, which is all of 14 megs take issue with updating when it's already using up that same 14 megs so updating couldn't possibly use up much more.

I am using SS 2.11 I believe and have never touched anything with regards to my mounts and partitions. I have a microSD card as well, but it has plenty of free space.

Even if this is not something you, myfishbear, can directly address right now, does anyone know of apps for Android that let you view/adjust partitions on Internal Storage?

Update: I downloaded DiskInfo and since I don't have permission to attach a file, click the link below for the results...still do not understand where all 16 gigs of internal space is, or why I'm getting the error of not enough space when updating Facebook or other larger apps that seemingly had enough space to be installed in the first place!
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/933680/Scre...1-16-51-38.png
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Hi, I recently did a full wipe and reinstall of this ROM just to clean stuff up as I was having storage issues when updating already-installed apps. When I check under Storage in the main Settings, it has the internal storage listed as "App Storage" of a little more than 2 gigs, and then the fake internal SD-Card partition also maybe a lil more than 2 gigs from the look of it. My question is, where in the world is the rest of the 16 gigs of internal storage?!?! I don't even want there to be the stupid SD-Card partition, but if that's only using up 2 gigs, why are apps trapped in some other small 2gig partition? Is there some way to re-size the partitions in Android or even possibly make the ROM so that it just treats the internal storage as ONE 16 gig partition, which would seem to make far more sense than whatever it's doing now. While it says I have 331mb available for "Application Storage" I'm sure that my internal storage isn't nearly that full....and even so, why wouldn't Facebook, which is all of 14 megs take issue with updating when it's already using up that same 14 megs so updating couldn't possibly use up much more.

I am using SS 2.11 I believe and have never touched anything with regards to my mounts and partitions. I have a microSD card as well, but it has plenty of free space.

Even if this is not something you, myfishbear, can directly address right now, does anyone know of apps for Android that let you view/adjust partitions on Internal Storage?

Update: I downloaded DiskInfo and since I don't have permission to attach a file, click the link below for the results...still do not understand where all 16 gigs of internal space is, or why I'm getting the error of not enough space when updating Facebook or other larger apps that seemingly had enough space to be installed in the first place!
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/933680/Scre...1-16-51-38.png
    Motorola Droid 4 advertises 16GB internal storage, only reports 8GB -- here's why
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah....arg! I wish the safe system could be stored over on my real microSD card and that the ROM could exist without a fake sd-card partition and just have all the space for internal storage...oh well, I figured out why it was wigging out on me though, the free Sonic CD that came with my Moga was entirely on internal storage and is like 300 megs...moved to SD at least which sadly is just the sd-card partition, but hey, free's up "internal storage"
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Just installed, thanks. Had no problems that were not operator error. How do I buy you a beer?
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    dont worry bout it
    Last edited by myfishbear; 02-04-2013 at 09:15 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    is there going to be an update for this rom anytime soon?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    DROID4
    Quote Originally Posted by drp5069 View Post
    This ROM is 100% stable with numerous customizations available and is daily driver material... there's not much to update

MFB has done a fantastic job bringing us the hotness
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by drp5069 View Post
    Right now this rom is totally stable and awesome, once a Jelly Bean ROM officially hits the Droid 4 I'd imagine a new version of Eclipse will be in order, but as of now the original Razr's only half-have JB as it was released briefly and then pulled by Verizon for some reason.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Right now this rom is totally stable and awesome, once a Jelly Bean ROM officially hits the Droid 4 I'd imagine a new version of Eclipse will be in order, but as of now the original Razr's only half-have JB as it was released briefly and then pulled by Verizon for some reason.

i wouldn't say it's awesome, but its okay, considering there arent many other options at this point
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    lol thanks?
    Technix2002 and kenji91 like this.
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast