[Rom-Stock] Motoblur 6.16.206 (Ics Leak) For Safestrap [2012-06-17]
What is this!?
This is a stock version of MotoBlur 6.16.206 -- setup as a flashable ROM for Safestrap (v2.00)
NOTE: I know this is for .206 and we're already looking at .208. I'll get it updated here in a bit. It took a while to set this first one up.
Why would you want this?
- Chances are you won't use this at all. This is mostly for devs who want to start modding the stock ROM.
- In theory, you can install just the ROM update via Safestrap as each ICS leak hits and not worry about flashing the full OTA. (This seems to be working for RAZR folks running the original .79 leak and newer versions of their MotoICS ROM via Safestrap). No guarantees that this will continue to be the case tho.
What do I need to have installed to run this?
- You must be on one of the MotoICS leaks for the Droid 4 (.200/.206/.208)
- Busybox (may need to use the busybox updater from the Market for one that is compatible w/ Safestrap, and correctly installed)
- Safestrap v2.00 for the ICS Leak
The only changes from stock are:
- I took the liberty of disabling "Qe" which logs all of the differences in the current OS compared to how it comes from Motorola. It's a lag monster on the bootup, and an invasion of privacy.
- Pre-rooted with su binary
- Updated busybox and symlinks in /system/xbin
- Configured for use w/ Safestrap
- Added Superuser.apk (2012-06-17)
Download from ROMBOT