DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Razr ICS Leak builds working on D4

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

Razr ICS Leak builds working on D4

Just to let anyone know who is using safestrap 2.0 almost all the razr custom roms for ICS leak works. Pretty buggy alot of them but they work. I am playing with KOA CM9 right now on my D4.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I was thinking about trying that too but i needed my keyboard and didn't want to risk ruining anything either :P.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    It actually somewhat works on the roms ive tried.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    where are you hashofcode??
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I dont understand why the d4 and rzr roms are not combined into a single working rom for both devices. Making them compatible would make things easier for the dev right? only one rom to work on not two.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by Moore2877 View Post
    I dont understand why the d4 and rzr roms are not combined into a single working rom for both devices. Making them compatible would make things easier for the dev right? only one rom to work on not two.
    key mapping and various other software differences prevent these roms from being duel ported. A good example is the ics leak aokp for the razr boots on the d4, but the home key doesnt work. The hardware is basically the same but the software is not quite the same. I plan on testing this some more over the weekend if only to soothe my crackflashing needs.

Sent from my DROID4
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bdsullivan76 View Post
    key mapping and various other software differences prevent these roms from being duel ported. A good example is the ics leak aokp for the razr boots on the d4, but the home key doesnt work. The hardware is basically the same but the software is not quite the same. I plan on testing this some more over the weekend if only to soothe my crackflashing needs.

Sent from my DROID4
    Since its just software that should make it possible. Everything works on the rzr roms, except for a few small bugs like caps lock on the keyboard doesn't work but I think that's the only thing on the keyboard that doesn't work. Even the front and back cameras work great.

Im thinking make a rom with the the software that is similar between the two, then add the software for both phones that is different. Then when you go to install you pick which phone you have and the software installs the correct files for that phone. It seems simple and possible.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    hashcode0f
    Phone
    Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I know you're all anxious to start jammin on the AOSP ROMs for Droid 4, but we're still working out some RIL and framebuffer issues.

That being said, I am also going to be posting an early build for the Droid 4 here soon (tm).

Thanks for being patient.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
    I know you're all anxious to start jammin on the AOSP ROMs for Droid 4, but we're still working out some RIL and framebuffer issues.

That being said, I am also going to be posting an early build for the Droid 4 here soon (tm).

Thanks for being patient.
    Awesome, from my previous post in this thread about combining the roms, is something like that possible. I think it is and I might want to start helping build droid 4 roms since your like the only dev working on d4 stuff. PM me here or twitter or something if your interested.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    hashcode0f
    Phone
    Droid 3
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moore2877 View Post
    Awesome, from my previous post in this thread about combining the roms, is something like that possible. I think it is and I might want to start helping build droid 4 roms since your like the only dev working on d4 stuff. PM me here or twitter or something if your interested.
    The RAZR rom cannot be joined w/ the D4 ROM due to sensor/lib differences-- tho the # of different files is extremely small.

And you are more than welcome to checkout the ics-leak branch of the local-STS project out on GitHub. That's where myself and DHacker are working on the RAZR/D4 stuff.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Links