DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    You have to be completely stock, no safe strap or leftovers from it. You'll need to sbf to the stock .219 GB then reroot, use voodoo root keeper and then flash the .206 ICS leak.

There is no going back now or ever....unless Motorola starts unlocking boot loaders and allowing unsigned kernel/boot.img installs.
    As long as developers are so generously, uh, developing and creating new updates for ICS, I don't see why I'd ever want to step down to GB anyway. The only issue I have is that I've never tried ICS so if for whatever reason I don't like it, I'll be stuck with the stock Blur ICS until a stable custom ROM is released. Being fairly new to the game, how long would you estimate it to be before this happens?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    I finally took the leap. I had to run the .219 fastboot via rsd, reroot, then flash the ics update. The whole process took about 50min. I even managed to maintain root. Now time to check out webtop 3.0 on my new $50 lapdock.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    hey, tell us about that webtop. I am using my hacked atrix lapdock, but i get only 60% of my screen. There is a big black bar on the top and the bottom and my screen is squished. Anybody have any ideas?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Another satisfied customer here so far! Got 4.0.4 working smoothly and retained root. Thanks for all of your help!

One question though... I can't seem to switch between CDMA and LTE and I'd like to be able to use 3G for the most part, to save on my battery. Is there an option? I used to use an "app" (really, a shortcut) called 4G Toggle. It still "works" but it just brings me to the network mode option and the choices I have are Global, LTE/CDMA, and GSM/UMTS.

Thoughts?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL View Post
    If I am already on stock Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894 with no mods is it safe to assume I can unfreeze any frozen apps with Titanium and skip step 1?
    I can confirm this worked for me. I defrosted all apps with Titanium and proceeded with Step 2 and everything installed fine.

I also did not have to re-install all my apps.... a few required updates for ICS but overall the process was very easy.
    Last edited by TooL; 05-31-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Is it 5 yet?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    droid2 global
    Quote Originally Posted by nowell29 View Post
    hey, tell us about that webtop. I am using my hacked atrix lapdock, but i get only 60% of my screen. There is a big black bar on the top and the bottom and my screen is squished. Anybody have any ideas?
    Web top 3.0 is the same type of interface as my wife's transformer. I only had about 30min to play with it after the lap dock was fully charged, but I can say that it is very nice. I managed to pick up the bionic lap dock for $50 I paid $600 for the transformer and keyboard dock and the only real difference is the lap dock does not have a touch screen. I can't wait to get home and really put it to work. As far as the images rendering full screen it seems like some apps may not. The color for Facebook does not seem work on it (I don't use Facebook anyway).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Sorry for the following dumb-ness:

I'm stock, rooted .219. Do I need to take this process from step 1 or can I take it from step 3?

Thanks and sorry again.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Sorry for the following dumb-ness:

I'm stock, rooted .219. Do I need to take this process from step 1 or can I take it from step 3?

Thanks and sorry again.
    As long as you haven't deleted files from /system or edited the build.prop you should be fine starting at the voodoo rootkeeper steps.
    Tom Crews
    SnkBitten - http://android.snkbitten.com/ (OG Droid)
    Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all + Root)
    Motorola X DevEd KK 4.4 + Root
    Google Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2 + Root

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Great. Wouldn't even know how to do that!

Thanks again, bud.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
    As long as you haven't deleted files from /system or edited the build.prop you should be fine starting at the voodoo rootkeeper steps.
    ^^^ What he said. Really, listen to anyone that has a green title under their handle haha.

But also, from what I understand, there's absolutely no way to go back to .219 once you go to 4.0.4. For those who are not sure if they've made changes that could cause problems, why not SBF back to complete stock to be sure?

The D4 root tool and Voodoo rootkeeper work flawlessly as long as you follow the directions precisely.
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links