DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Beginner question here, I am not rooted and when I try to install the zip file it stops and says E:Signature Verification Failed. How can I fix this?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron52101 View Post
    Beginner question here, I am not rooted and when I try to install the zip file it stops and says E:Signature Verification Failed. How can I fix this?
    Are you on 6.13.215 or 6.13.219? Did you use method #1 or method #2?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    Are you on 6.13.215 or 6.13.219? Did you use method #1 or method #2?
    .219, method 1 install from SD
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    .219, method 1 install from SD
    And you placed the .zip file on sd-ext (not internal SD)?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by SGMD1 View Post
    And you placed the .zip file on sd-ext (not internal SD)?
    Yep, I find the zip in recovery mode and click it and then I get the error message. I don't think I can access the file were it on the internal.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Stock Rooted
    Yep, I find the zip in recovery mode and click it and then I get the error message. I don't think I can access the file were it on the internal.
    Maybe a bad download? Try redownloading the file (from a different mirror if possible) and see if it works then.

Sent from my Droid 4
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Can someone else try Script Manager to see if they have issues with it applying root? Root isn't applied in the script even though script manager is given root permissions.

Trying to update SU binary so I can run supercharger script.
    Last edited by Kenshai; 06-28-2012 at 09:36 AM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
    Maybe a bad download? Try redownloading the file (from a different mirror if possible) and see if it works then.

Sent from my Droid 4
    I actually figured out what the problem was, I forgot to extract the original Zip file and then try to begin the download from the new Zip file.

But now I have bigger problems. I started the update from the new Zip and it got pretty far into the update but then I got a message saying Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7). And if I try to start the install again it only takes like 20 seconds and gives me a similar message saying assert failed: mount (ext3, MTI, system, /system). So I just hit reboot phone and now it is stuck and the boot up Dual Core animation and has been stuck there for over an hour now. I am really scared about what to do next....I assume I can go back into recovery mode once my battery dies and I start it back up, but I'm not sure what I should do. At worst I just want to get back to .219 and actually get my phone working again, or maybe I should try installing a different ICS package on my SD card from a computer. What should I do???
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I actually figured out what the problem was, I forgot to extract the original Zip file and then try to begin the download from the new Zip file.

But now I have bigger problems. I started the update from the new Zip and it got pretty far into the update but then I got a message saying Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7). And if I try to start the install again it only takes like 20 seconds and gives me a similar message saying assert failed: mount (ext3, MTI, system, /system). So I just hit reboot phone and now it is stuck and the boot up Dual Core animation and has been stuck there for over an hour now. I am really scared about what to do next....I assume I can go back into recovery mode once my battery dies and I start it back up, but I'm not sure what I should do. At worst I just want to get back to .219 and actually get my phone working again, or maybe I should try installing a different ICS package on my SD card from a computer. What should I do???
    Every time I got that exact error, it was because one of my files was corrupt. There's only one kind of error you should be getting when you're flashing .219 and it happens 5x. Can you confirm that?

Also, if your battery dies and you can only get to bootloader, it won't charge. You'll have to get a programmer charger. Those chargers are different than the normal ones.

Or, do what I did if you have a spare charger. I don't recommend it, but it worked for me. It involves splicing up the charger and running the red and black wires directly to the battery terminals - like jumping a car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HOW TO] Install the leaked Android 4.0.4 ICS build on the Droid 4 (XT894)-errors219.jpg  
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji91 View Post
    Every time I got that exact error, it was because one of my files was corrupt. There's only one kind of error you should be getting when you're flashing .219 and it happens 5x. Can you confirm that?

Also, if your battery dies and you can only get to bootloader, it won't charge. You'll have to get a programmer charger. Those chargers are different than the normal ones.

Or, do what I did if you have a spare charger. I don't recommend it, but it worked for me. It involves splicing up the charger and running the red and black wires directly to the battery terminals - like jumping a car.
    So should I redownload the Zip file and put it on my SD card and try to install it again if I can get into recovery mode? I don't know why it would be corrupted.

Once the phone dies I can charge it while it is off and get it up to a decent % charge and then go into recovery mode, so hoepfully the battery not charging in recovery shouldn't be an issue. It's just unfortuante that I can't take the battery out like previous droids and have to wait for it to die.
    Last edited by Aaron52101; 06-28-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Links