DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Schmoe View Post
    I've installed the newest build and it still has some of the connection issues for me.
    Ditto...I also seem to have some connection issues. Been using it for most of the day today and it seems somewhat stable, but not quite. Thinking of doing another full wipe...
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Flashed 3/31 and had amazing battery time.(see screen shot below) However, I did not have data pretty much all day. I had data for a total of about two hours and used Pandora for one hour, Reddit for 20 minutes, and one Google search. When I cleared the Dalvak and Cache the 4g would pick back up but that is a hassle every time I lost signal I lost 4g. (conveniently the elevators in my apartment have no signal so whenever I leave and come back I lose data.)

I'm not going to charge my phone tonight because it is so full. I will report back sometime tomorrow with the battery stats for 4/1.

[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]-screenshot_2012-04-01-20-44-21.png
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I found data to be pretty bad on 03/31, even after doing a full wipe. I did a full wipe again and installed 04/01 and it seems to be okay for right now...I hope it stays this way...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pgarlinski View Post
    I found data to be pretty bad on 03/31, even after doing a full wipe. I did a full wipe again and installed 04/01 and it seems to be okay for right now...I hope it stays this way...
    I've updated to the 4/01 build also and it still seems the connection issues haven't been fully ironed out but as was mention earlier by supershot666, my battery life has also been ridiculous. Although having no 4g connection might have something to do with that.

On a side note, I've read somewhere that the Moto Razr/ Maxx will possibly be receiving their ICS update on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the Droid 4 was not mentioned in the same leak. My question in all of this is, if in fact the update does happen does it help the development for the Droid 4 in terms of 3rd party ICS ROMs.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Schmoe View Post
    My question in all of this is, if in fact the update does happen does it help the development for the Droid 4 in terms of 3rd party ICS ROMs.
    I have the same question. I would assume that it would help as some of the drivers and code may help in the development but that is just a guess. Anyone that can chime in with an answer?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogFooker View Post
    I have the same question. I would assume that it would help as some of the drivers and code may help in the development but that is just a guess. Anyone that can chime in with an answer?
    Considering how RAZR ROMs work almost exactly the same as they do on the RAZR as on the Droid 4, I'd say Motorola is practically handing ICS out to Droid 4 devs as well lol.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Is there a difference in the ROMS now? The newer roms are labeled as "unofficial" now. 4-1 is working great for me. All I want is my video to start working again and flash to work.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonScar119 View Post
    Is there a difference in the ROMS now? The newer roms are labeled as "unofficial" now. 4-1 is working great for me. All I want is my video to start working again and flash to work.
    Typically when they switch from Beta to Unofficial, it means it's more stable, but I don't think this time it was done on purpose. I think it happened because they re-built the ROMBOT which pulls and posts the builds.

As for the radio's, yes, Dhacker was already working this weekend to pull the radio codes out of the RAZR leaked ICS ROM that was posted, although it doesn't look like they were included in the new nightlies quite yet.

Also, the HWcodecs should be in there as well.

The Hardware on the RAZR & D4 are VERY similar, in that there are only a few things, mostly dealing with the hardware keyboard that are different between the two devices.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlick View Post
    Typically when they switch from Beta to Unofficial, it means it's more stable, but I don't think this time it was done on purpose. I think it happened because they re-built the ROMBOT which pulls and posts the builds.

As for the radio's, yes, Dhacker was already working this weekend to pull the radio codes out of the RAZR leaked ICS ROM that was posted, although it doesn't look like they were included in the new nightlies quite yet.

Also, the HWcodecs should be in there as well.

The Hardware on the RAZR & D4 are VERY similar, in that there are only a few things, mostly dealing with the hardware keyboard that are different between the two devices.
    That's so great. Upgrading from my droid1 to the droid 4 was hard to lose the CM7. I am so happy these people are working so hard on a stable CM9. I just can't wait for it to be 100% like it was on droid1
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Desperately waiting on the camera to work. My wife has an iPhone and all i hear is her friends chattering about facetime, and all I can think is that a front facing camera is not an "apple thing". People switching to an iPhone cuz it has a front camera are ignorant cuz most new phones have them.
Page 42 of 74 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Links