Here is a version of the Droid 4 Stock MotoBlur in ROM format.
** This is for SAFESTRAP ONLY **
** WARNING: THERE IS NO FASTBOOT RESTORE AVAILABLE FOR THE DROID 4. YOU TAKE A SERIOUS RISK WHEN USING THIS ROM OR ANY SOFTWARE WHICH HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BOOTLOOP OR SOFT BRICK YOUR PHONE (NOT MATTER HOW SMALL THE RISK) **
Want to remove the bloatware?
Trying to create a deodex /system?
Just wanna feel more comfortable making changes to your /system?
This ROM is usable in Safestrap as the 2nd-system so that recovery should always be available should something go wrong.
MAKE SURE TO DO A FULL BACKUP IN SAFESTRAP PRIOR TO SWAPPING TO SAFE SYSTEM -- THIS WILL BE USED LATER SHOULD AN OTA BE RELEASED FOR DROID 4.
Information about Safestrap here:
Download link for Stock MotoBlur 6.13.215 for Droid 4
Safestrap is similar in behaviour to ClockworkMod Recovery. With the exception that you only flash .zip files to your 2nd-System which is "safe" as it protects your way into recovery should anything go badly.
What's in the ROM:
- Stock MotoBlur for Droid 4
- Rooted w/ Superuser
- Some of the obvious bloatware removed: Netflix, Slacker Radio, NFL Moblie, etc
- Nothing else has been changed
Basic Steps for applying this ROM:
- Install Safestrap from here:
http://hash-of-codes...wnloads_24.html (MAKE SURE YOU GET DROID 4 VERSION)
- Once installed use the "Install Recovery" button inside the app
- Reboot the phone and enter Safestrap Recovery by pressing the [menu] button when the Safestrap Boot Screen is shown
- MAKE SURE YOU DO A FULL BACKUP BEFORE TURNING ON SAFE SYSTEM
- Enable "Safe System" using the "safe boot menu" -> "Toggle Safe System" (once complete you should see: "Currently: ENABLED" at the top of the screen).
- Now you can select "install zip from sdcard" and follow the prompts.
Controls for Safestrap are:
- Volume Down or the MENU button will scroll down
- Volume Up or the HOME button will scroll up
- Power button or the SEARCH button will select
- BACK button will go back 1 menu
PLEASE BE SAFE AND USE COMMON SENSE