First of all i hope this thread is in the correct place. If not admins please move it to the right place.
Finally i'm going to get my droid 4 in a week so i started to collect tools and rooms that i will use and to read a lot about the questions come to surface.
so my route is this:
1) let the device get the ics OTA update
2) root it by using droid 4 ics tool
3)install safestrap 3.05 http://http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/
4) make a nandroid backup of my nonsafe (at that time my only) system with safestrap
5) install eclipse 1.3.4 Eclipse ICS for droid 4
6) sync my google data (contacts, calendar etc) with phone
7) make a nandroid backup of eclipse (just to make things easier if anything happens)
8) overclock to a lower power consumption. how to?????????????????
and i also have a couple of questions:
1) what happens if my battery dies when i'm running stock or eclipse rom?
2) what size of partition should i choose for eclipse rom slot?
(i'll be first time android user so probably install lots of apps)
3) is there any other steps i should add to my to do list?
4) am i missing something?
thank you in advance