I looked around on here and didn't find anyone who had posted this so I thought I would help out. Woke up today with the 6.16.617 completely downloaded on my phone ready for install. I rooted some time ago with motofail. I went into the install (literally without doing anything else) and when finished was still rooted with superuser access. I have not had much time to play with it, EVERYTHING is different here and am taking the adventure to adjust, however I did go directly to my wifi tether (3.1-beta 11) and it gained superuser permissions but got locked into the "starting tether" screen. So I hit the back button and it said it was tethering. It performed the same way with untethering as well.
I can not say that tether works though, if anyone wants me to check let me know.
**edit I may have had the heavens above open up on me because I am hearing my situation was not the normal. So be prepared with Razrs_edge to re-root