If you are on ICS leak now and want to move to a different one, then check out this new tool posted here: Droid 4 Utility ICS Only
You can use this to restore stock Gingerbread if you are on a modified GB or to go from one ICS to another.
This is the original D4 tool with additions created by others and repackaged-edited by me.
UPDATE NOTICE: If you downloaded the tool on 06/20 from about 10pm eastern till noon the next day the script was an old version. It is correct now. Just download again.
06/22 9 AM Eastern - updated superuser binary to most recent version.
06/23 12:30 PM Eastern - updated links for 6.16.213 (thanks again droidian1441)
06/25 10:30 PM Eastern - Revised script, that includes a data save option for restoring GB and the best change. The flashing of the GB files and the ICS Kernel to jump from one ICS to another is now all in one. Removed the push file to sdcard (some thought you could do this after you started flashing the system).
06/30 11 Am Eastern - Add new download link with all the files.
07/01 10:30 Eastern - Updated Superuser (3.1.3) + binary and VoodooRootKeeper (2.0.3) to latest versions. Update ICS root for Dan Rosenburg's root script, this will install superuser and busybox. The other root method didn't seem to install busybox in proper location and resulted in some malfunctions of root only apps. If you installed the previous root script, use voodoo to temporary unroot, then uninstall superuser. Run the new script and you should be good. Note on the latest version of superuser scroll to the left for the update binary menu. Also contains a temporary unroot and OTA protect root.
Some users have reported driver trouble especially after moving to ICS and trying to root.
Go here to get the driver update tools: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,8302
Some have reported that the USB utility didn't fix there trouble and had to download motocast, which downloaded new drivers.
Thanks again to 1898trouble07 (see a couple of posts down) for the data save tip.
I am on longer putting a full version out. It was was just too big to maintain updates. Everything you need is here. You just have to download a few things and move around a couple of files.
First read this entire post at least twice, skipping any step will be BAD!. Then download everything you need for this.
1. All downloads are listed here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Other download links below.
1. Get the Tool Here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...URLSjQ5V29pYk0
or here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/132a5i038luy4vu/Droid4withICSfix-rootLITE%20%283%29.zip
or here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...XV2N2N3cTBoQW8
This is a double zip extract until you see the .bat file and a "files" folder. Double click the script to run the tool.
2. Get the GB 219 Fastboot files here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma...1FF_01.xml.zip
or here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...WswcF91MkxkODA
3. If you are just restoring GB this is all you need. Extract the fastboot zip files and copy them to "files" folder of the tool.
If you are just restoring GB, rooted and running the data save option...It might mess up your root. I don't really know for sure. It will erase the superuser binary and the backup if you are running the rootkeeper, but should keep superuser installed. Therefore you may be in a half rooted stuck state and running the root again may not work. I don't have a phone on GB to test this out. To be extra cautious you may want to run the unroot, restore GB then root again. Let me know what you experience and I can update the post.
If you want to go to ICS and are on GB. Then download (see item one below) the D4213 and put it on your external sdcard Boot to recovery and flash from external. You don't have to be rooted. but if you are the easy way to keep root is to use voodoo's rootkeeper. Protect root, temporarily unroot, reroot, flash the ota, then restore root. If you mess up just use the tool to run the ICS root.
If you are moving from one ICS to another keep reading. Downloading the following two files.
1. Get the ICS OTA currently 6.16.213 ICS here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...jVSanRzaTZ5alU
This is a double zip to open until you see the folder named D4213, then copy this file to the external sdcard of your phone.
2. Get the matching Kernel 6.16.213 (boot.img) here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...1J0VFBCY1NBM2M
Unzip this folder and copy the boot.img to the "files" folder of the tool. It must be named "ICSFIX" for the tool to work.
If you are going from one ICS to another this is the basic procedure. This uses a fair amount of your pc resources. Don't have a bunch of other programs running. Set the phone to MTP for USB and be sure debugging is on (system setting, developer options).
Be sure you charge your battery first. This is a long process be patient. You will get several errors (INFO validation type) if you are on ICS and flash the GB files. Just let it finish.
1. Charge your battery to 100% and have a high quality usb cable. Sometimes the process fails so you might have to do it twice. When in fastboot mode the battery will not charge.
2. Put the D4213 zip on your external sdcard; just copy and paste with windows.
3. Boot to bootloader and select fastboot (power down, hold both volume buttons and press power, release power, select ap fastboot). You can use the tool for this step but will have to manually do it later.
4. Select menu 16 and flash the GB files plus the boot.img of 213. This will take a while just let it finish and follow the prompts when ask to press a key to continue. You will get some errors (Info validation type). Just let it run and finish.
5. Your phone will reboot and attempt to update (android with spinning ball).
6. Let it run until the screen goes blank and the red "M" appears.
7. Then force a power down and boot to the bootloader.
9. Select recovery. When you see the android with the red exclamation press both volume buttons. Select apply update from external storage and chose the 213 zip.
10. Once complete reboot.
12. Root ICS if you want.
If you use this to install vodoo's root keeper make sure your screen is unlocked. If not it seems to hang up sometimes. You should immediately get a superuser request.
Finally this is windows only. If someone writes the linux script I can add it in later. Let me know if you have any issues, suggestions, questions or problems.
As usual doing any of this is at your own risk and may render your phone to be a nice paperweight.
Here is the full menu of the tool:
1. Fastboot GB to stock and ERASE DATA (You can use this to restore stock Gingerbread if you are on a modified GB)
2. Fastboot GB to stock and SAVE DATA
3. Root GB
4. Unroot GB
5. Install Voodoo Rootkeeper
6. Install Safestrap for GB
7. System Pull
8. Overclock for GB
9. Boot to Fastboot
10. Boot to Recovery
11. ADB Shell
12. Reboot phone
13. Flash the ICSFIX Kernel (This is not necessary to jump from one ICS to another, use menu 16. Left in for advanced users only)
14. Install Safestrap for ICS
15. Droid 4 ICS Root
16. D4 ICS Fix (Jump from one leak to another) and SAVE DATA