DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Droid 4 Utility Updated

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung stratosphere
    i think i just bricked my self tried to go from .213 to .215 i did what the guide said to do http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1714596

made sure i had the GB 219 Fastboot files, the special boot.img for 2.15 i got from droid forums and the update for it. followed the guide and did step 16 and it did all its things and then when i tried to flash the update for .215 it just fails (says signature verification failed) and wont boot past the M logo and my phone will not shut off (it just restarts it self when i try to force it off) and i am really scared now because there is no way i can shut it off
    Last edited by icebear; 07-16-2012 at 01:51 AM.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelzing317 View Post
    any chance of updating the files for .215?
    Will try to work on that some today, still have my real job to do!

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    i think i just bricked my self tried to go from .213 to .215 i did what the guide said to do http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1714596

made sure i had the GB 219 Fastboot files, the special boot.img for 2.15 i got from droid forums and the update for it. followed the guide and did step 16 and it did all its things and then when i tried to flash the update for .215 it just fails (says signature verification failed) and wont boot past the M logo and my phone will not shut off (it just restarts it self when i try to force it off) and i am really scared now because there is no way i can shut it off
    You can always run it again. Were you sure to rename the 215 boot.img to "ICSFIX"? The tool will only flash it under that name. It is the last step after the GB files flash under menu 16. It should reboot then run trying to update, when the red moto logo appears force the power down, goto recovery and flash the 215 update file. Not sure what state your phone was in before you tried the update. You may need to wipe your data for it to work properly. You can do it from recovery. I will probably add in that option when jumping from leak to leak for anyone who want to wipe it out in one step.
    Last edited by jsnweitzel; 07-16-2012 at 05:41 AM.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung stratosphere
    redid the whole thing and this is what i did. i redownloaded the Fastboot .219 GB and unziped it in the Files folder, then i downloaded that .215 boot.img and renamed it to ICSFIX and i redownloaded the .215 Leak and unziped it to my SD card (i also tried doing it with out unziping it and i got the Error signature verification failed) then ran the tool and did option 16, it went through all it's stuff and most of it said failed. well i let the little android guy come up and did its thing and i waited until the red M logo came up and forced it to shut down and then went into the bootloader and went to recovery and flashed the .215 and NOW i get this

apply_patch_check (MTD:boot:and a **** ton of numbers) and then after that it list (E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip status 7

just tried it again and i did a factory reset and redid the whole thing and NOW when i flash the update from recovery it says assert failed:mount (ext3.MIU.system."/system" error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    Last edited by icebear; 07-16-2012 at 06:26 AM.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    The 215 update file on your sdcard has to be a zip, it is signed by moto. Otherwise I can't see why you would have any trouble. If you unzipped the 215 update and then rezipped it that would cause an error. I have head some report that it failed the first time but worked the second. You can also try wiping the cache from stock recovery. I haven't heard of it being a problem on the D4 but it was a big issue on the Razrs when flashing the update.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung stratosphere
    yea that is why i redownloaded everything just to double check my self and i tried doing the leak from this https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3134a...52794490%21860 i downloaded that .zip file and then just threw that in my SD card and then i extracted the fastboot .219 GB files into the File folder for the tool and then after that i took the .215 img from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwl0e6jx76...t-6-16-215.img and then rename it to ICSFIX and threw that in the file folder and ran the tool and everything came out as failed pretty much but it did its little android update thing and then when the Red logo came up i forced restart it and went into recovery and flashed that leak and that is where i am stuck at i did this 13times and still no go
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    What were you running before you tried to update to 215 ICS?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung stratosphere
    .213 ics leak and i did not install safe strap all i did before was flash .213 leak straight from stock GB and then rooted .213 ICS and that was it (btw now it is stuck on the flashboot screen and says flash failure now because the battery is low but i cant get it to even restart if i hold the power and vol down it just shuts the screen off and then if i push power again same fastboot screen pops up)
    Last edited by icebear; 07-16-2012 at 06:48 AM.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Man what a bummer, if it's in the fastboot mode it will not charge. If you can get it back to the red moto log it might then. If not you have to get a "factory" cable, make one or hack up a usb cable and charge directly to the battery. If you search in the forums there are a few posts describing the how to.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung stratosphere
    well i was gonna wait for it to die again because it was charging fine when it was off (ok i got it back to displaying the M logo now) and i can still get it into Recovery mode will it charge in recovery?

Am i doing the steps right though and downloading the right files that i listed?

i downloaded the GB files from this http://d-h.st/users/jsnweitzel/?fld_id=3413#files and i downloaded the last file on the list
    Last edited by icebear; 07-16-2012 at 07:09 AM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnweitzel View Post
    Are you sure debugging is on? The safestrap.apk is in the files folder, but with the stuff you have done i am not sure of the best course to fix.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry about not responding before, was busy this weekend. Debugging is on, as is usb storage. I wanna flash the new .215 now though. Haha just don't want to destroy my phone.
    Droid 4, Rooted, Leaked ICS .215
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Links