DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: droid4, droidwall and 4G

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4

droid4, droidwall and 4G

Just got my d4 yesterday and of course rooted it right away to do manual debloat, install titanium backup and move everything over from my d2. I noticed that whenever i have droidwall enabled, i cant get 4g at all, just 3g. I disabled droidwall and rebooted and now i have 4g again. Anyone else having this problem? Other than this, and skype causing FC when i try to open my contacts, i like the phone so far. So glad the screen doesnt flicker like my wife's bionic! I just hope the battery doesnt suck (i had a 3500mah extended in my d2 so im spoiled!)
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson99 View Post
    Just got my d4 yesterday and of course rooted it right away to do manual debloat, install titanium backup and move everything over from my d2. I noticed that whenever i have droidwall enabled, i cant get 4g at all, just 3g. I disabled droidwall and rebooted and now i have 4g again. Anyone else having this problem? Other than this, and skype causing FC when i try to open my contacts, i like the phone so far. So glad the screen doesnt flicker like my wife's bionic! I just hope the battery doesnt suck (i had a 3500mah extended in my d2 so im spoiled!)
    I installed this on my bionic for the first time. After enabling i got the same issue. 4GLTE is completely unavailable once droidwall is enabled. It takes a complete reboot to bring it back. I have tried searching for more information about this but thus far this is the only post i have found.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    ok two updates:

first - skype wasn't causing my contacts to FC. a bit of searching revealed that it was because i'd disabled the yahoo apk. wtf does that have to do with my contacts? i don't have any accounts with yahoo, and never have, so what gives?

second - the phone has been really flaky lately - randomly i open an app (any app) and within about 3 seconds, it drops back to the home screen. no FC message or anything - it just quits. after it does that, the only way i can use that app again is to reboot. sometimes other apps will continue to work after one has started flaking, but not always. the most common failures are scramble/words with friends, dolphin, ES File explorer, and draw something. that's just because they're the ones i use the most. once one has flaked like that, others are much more likely to also flake - radio thermostat, gtalk, gmaps, even market (play), and so i just have to reboot.

the way i did my manual debloat was not using TiBu. I just went into system and renamed the apks i didn't want to .old so they couldn't load. that worked great on my D2, and left them there in case i had to put them back (good thing, since it turned out yahoo has its grubby little fingers in my contacts for some unknown reason). so since it's been so flaky, i went back and took off the .old for everything, and left droidwall disabled, so the phone is basically back to stock, but it's still rooted. i think my hosts file still has a bunch of ad-blocking stuff in it, but i wouldn't expect it to cause this... but then i didn't expect a stupid YAHOO apk to break contacts, either... i'm just about to unroot it, reset, and send it back. so far i'm unimpressed by the d4 - especially the battery. If only i hadn't lost my temper and smashed my d2, i could go back to it... it needs a whole new upper half though...

Links