DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid4 ICS 206 Leak root hack, FINALLY.

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    your moms
    Quote Originally Posted by siggma View Post
    Actually it's not that difficult to update to the leak and rooting is a 2 minute, menu driven process. Don't bother with the old leaks, get the latest 213 leak. To install it grab the GB 219 STOCK blur and install it making sure it installs correctly. Then, before doing anything at all, install the latest (213) leak over the top of it. Then use the automated utility (top of this thread) to root, install Safestrap, Superser, OTA Rootkeeper etc.. Nothing special to rooting just plug it in and run the script. It reboots twice and you're rooted. Tested to work with all version of the leak.

Also there is now a CM9 ROM version for ICS you can install after rooting & safestrap. It's still considered beta but it does install and run. Just look at the first few threads under Droid 4 ROMS. I installed it yesterday and it works fine.
    O so the root is like petes one click root?
    I'll just bypass this update and still use my aokp rom..but thanks tho
    If I do update, what do i do?...-
    Disable safestrap
    Restore non safe nandroid
    Go to manage apps and hit uninstall safestrap?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by siggma View Post
    Actually it's not that difficult to update to the leak and rooting is a 2 minute, menu driven process. Don't bother with the old leaks, get the latest 213 leak. To install it grab the GB 219 STOCK blur and install it making sure it installs correctly. Then, before doing anything at all, install the latest (213) leak over the top of it. Then use the automated utility (top of this thread) to root, install Safestrap, Superser, OTA Rootkeeper etc.. Nothing special to rooting just plug it in and run the script. It reboots twice and you're rooted. Tested to work with all version of the leak.

Also there is now a CM9 ROM version for ICS you can install after rooting & safestrap. It's still considered beta but it does install and run. Just look at the first few threads under Droid 4 ROMS. I installed it yesterday and it works fine.
    If I am on the 206 ICS leak, can I update to 213 or am I stuck on 206? Is there still no way to get back to GB219 stock blur rom?

Also I have tried every method I've found so far to root my D4 on 206 and none of them work. Every time I try to update the su binary it fails. Also busybox fails to install and gives me an error message that says it could be because of botched root attempts. I wish I could start over from stock GB and go through the update process again. I botched up preserving root when I installed 206.
    Last edited by downslayer; 07-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links