DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Droid 4 on Cricket $45 plan - Data & MMS

  1. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #1

    Question Droid 4 on Cricket $45 plan - Data & MMS

    Greetings fellow droidforumians ... anyway I recently flashed my Droid 4 to cricket but decided to stay on the $45 plan that I used with my flashed Droid 1. Talk & Text work normally but data & mms are a different story. 3G data works through the browser but getting it to connect to google's servers where it makes the 3G icon change from white to blue is more temperamental. I've gotten 3G to fully connect and stay that way for a long time but whenever I make/receive a call or switch to wifi and then switch back to 3G sometimes it refuses to connect. I tried changing the name-servers but after a reboot the phone automatically restores the old ones. I don't know if my issue is APNs related or if there's another setting I should look for. Also, regarding MMS I can send MMS just fine but when I receive them it shows a download button but fails to actually download the picture.

    Any suggestions on APNs or other settings that I might try would be great. BTW I'm using u2nl and iptables to attempt to port crickets ip 10.133.26.12 port 8080 to 127.0.0.1 port 1025 which worked on my Droid 1.

    The absolute last resort is for me to switch to the $55 plan but I'm stuborn and if I can get 3G working consistantly on the $45 plan and save that extra $10 every month that would be awesome!
    Last edited by xsylus; 06-07-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    _________________________
  2. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #2
    Okay, I think I've found another solution to my 3G issues. I was using the old-school method of autostart.sh and u2nl which wasn't working so I decided to try an app that I already use on my asus tablet for network routing; called ProxyDroid. It's a free, open-source app with a ton of options including automatically starting when triggered by a network change. Gotta love that broadcast receiver! Anyway, I'm using ProxyDroid to redirect traffic the way u2nl is supposed to and thus far it's working great even through phone calls, switching between wifi and 3g, and rebooting the phone.



    MMS only seems to work when it really wants to which is almost always never. Any ideas what cricket puts on a phone that they flash themselves? I don't want to spend $75 or whatever they charge just to get MMS working. My niece got her phone flashed by cricket and everything works but she's also on the $55 plan. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've tried so many APNs combinations it's insane but I'm not sure if that's all that is needed to make MMS work.




    Last edited by xsylus; 06-19-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    _________________________
  3. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #3
    Okay, so here are my current APNs settings and my MMS seems to be working ~99% with these settings, though I'm not holding out too much hope here as just about the time I think I've got it figured it stops working again

    Anyway... here we go:
    Code:
    • Name: Cricket   <this probably has no bearing whatsoever>
    • APN:   wap.mycricket.com   
    • Proxy:  <not set>
    • Port:    <not set>
    • Username:  *   <yes, just a single asterisk>
    • Password:  *
    • Server:      *
    • MMSC:       http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    • MMS proxy: <not set>
    • MMS port:   <not set>
    • Authentication type:  None
    • APN type:  <not set>
    • APN protocal:  IPv4
    As far as the internet is concerned it doesn't seem to matter what settings I have in the APNs but as far as MMS is concerned APNs play a major role. The other thing to check is the True IMSI, if that's set wrong MMS probably won't work. I still occasionally get the error "the image file ... was deleted" but its no where near as often as it used to be and I've been able to successfully send and receive files larger than 900KB.
    Last edited by xsylus; 06-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    WickedWayz's Avatar
    Member #
    275124
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #4
    Just saw this thread Xsylus. Are these settings in APN's still working for you???
  5. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWayz View Post
    Just saw this thread Xsylus. Are these settings in APN's still working for you???
    They work great when 3G is on but I have less luck with mms when connected to WiFi. I still don't know all the settings that contribute to making the mms work flawlessly.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    _________________________
  6. Droid
    Danis's Avatar
    Member #
    233014
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    danifunker
    Phone
    XT894
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    Okay, so here are my current APNs settings and my MMS seems to be working ~99% with these settings, though I'm not holding out too much hope here as just about the time I think I've got it figured it stops working again

    Anyway... here we go:
    Code:
    • Name: Cricket   <this probably has no bearing whatsoever>
    • APN:   wap.mycricket.com   
    • Proxy:  <not set>
    • Port:    <not set>
    • Username:  *   <yes, just a single asterisk>
    • Password:  *
    • Server:      *
    • MMSC:       http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    • MMS proxy: <not set>
    • MMS port:   <not set>
    • Authentication type:  None
    • APN type:  <not set>
    • APN protocal:  IPv4
    As far as the internet is concerned it doesn't seem to matter what settings I have in the APNs but as far as MMS is concerned APNs play a major role. The other thing to check is the True IMSI, if that's set wrong MMS probably won't work. I still occasionally get the error "the image file ... was deleted" but its no where near as often as it used to be and I've been able to successfully send and receive files larger than 900KB.
    I don't know anything about cricket, but I think your apn settings are very wrong.

    Look at this page: http://nxwiki.blogspot.ca/2012/01/cr...e-evo.html?m=1

    It mentions using a different username and password, setting the authentication you're and a whole bunch of other things that at quick glance just looked different than your config.


    Sent from my XT894 running ICS
  7. Master Droid
    xsylus's Avatar
    Member #
    14658
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
    Posts
    882
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 • Cricket Wireless
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Danis View Post
    I don't know anything about cricket, but I think your apn settings are very wrong.

    Look at this page: How to: Cricket APN Settings Android iPhone EVO Droid Blackberry | MMS WAP 3G Settings

    It mentions using a different username and password, setting the authentication you're and a whole bunch of other things that at quick glance just looked different than your config.


    Sent from my XT894 running ICS
    Yea, I've tried a whole plethora of APN settings combinations but it seems that APN settings are just a piece of the puzzle. Furthermore on my Droid 4 running ICS setting the MCC to 310 and MNC to 004 will cause the phone to hide the APN which might be making it useless. I have two APNs for cricket all the settings are identical except the MCC and MNC; I use 310/004 for one and 311/480 for the other. Verizon, or someone has made it progressively more difficult to determine the absolute settings. I've had MMS work with nothing but the mmsc set to http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms - all other settings were left blank or default and MMS worked. Some people point to the build.prop and apns-conf.xml files. In the end, so far, there seems to be no 100% tried & true method for ensuring working MMS.
    “Innovation is not the product of logical thought..." ~Albert Einstein
    _________________________
  8. Developer
    myfishbear's Avatar
    Member #
    166160
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in the sea. sometimes on land as well
    Posts
    1,289
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    Yea, I've tried a whole plethora of APN settings combinations but it seems that APN settings are just a piece of the puzzle. Furthermore on my Droid 4 running ICS setting the MCC to 310 and MNC to 004 will cause the phone to hide the APN which might be making it useless. I have two APNs for cricket all the settings are identical except the MCC and MNC; I use 310/004 for one and 311/480 for the other. Verizon, or someone has made it progressively more difficult to determine the absolute settings. I've had MMS work with nothing but the mmsc set to http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms - all other settings were left blank or default and MMS worked. Some people point to the build.prop and apns-conf.xml files. In the end, so far, there seems to be no 100% tried & true method for ensuring working MMS.
    look at this
    ICS MMS APNS for Droid X Cricket???
  9. Junior Droid
    WickedWayz's Avatar
    Member #
    275124
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    #9
    Ive tried that with no luck.
  10. Developer
    myfishbear's Avatar
    Member #
    166160
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in the sea. sometimes on land as well
    Posts
    1,289
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #10
    Last edited by myfishbear; 09-21-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 04:33 PM
  2. data plan on old alltel plan usage for Droid X2????
    By predatrrider in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 11:01 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 12:06 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 03:38 AM
  5. Is the Verizon txt plan part of the data plan?
    By miltk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 04:11 PM

Search tags for this page

cricket apn settings droid 4
,
cricket droid razr data settings
,
cricket imsi
,

droid 4 cricket

,

flash droid 4 to cricket

,
flash droid 4 xt894 to cricket
,
flash motorola droid 4 to cricket
,
mms bionic flashed cricket
,
motorola droid 4 cricket
,
motorola droid 4 flash to cricket
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+