DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droid 4 on Cricket $45 plan - Data & MMS

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    As of right now the settings that used to allow me to send and receive are now only allowing me to receive. This is my issue, a setting that works perfectly one day doesn't work the next day. There's no way to efficiently test MMS if it is that temperamental. Further more, time and time again I see others saying the MCC should be set to 310 and the MNC set to either 004 or 016. On my Droid 4 running ICS those settings WILL NOT WORK because the phone hides them from the APN list. It ONLY accepts 311/480.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    As of right now the settings that used to allow me to send and receive are now only allowing me to receive. This is my issue, a setting that works perfectly one day doesn't work the next day. There's no way to efficiently test MMS if it is that temperamental. Further more, time and time again I see others saying the MCC should be set to 310 and the MNC set to either 004 or 016. On my Droid 4 running ICS those settings WILL NOT WORK because the phone hides them from the APN list. It ONLY accepts 311/480.
    add your phone # to your username ie 5555555555@mycricket.com
    and try that mms.apk its modified 4 cricket...
    or try my gsm patch's build.prop
    or delete /data/eri.xml then reboot.
    Last edited by myfishbear; 09-21-2012 at 10:36 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    So what I did was download the zip file and just extract the auto-conf.xml, made a backup of the original and replaced it with the one from the zip. Rebooted so it would take effect than added my MDN to the user name and changed the MCC to 311 and the MNC to 480. Thus far it's working again! Also under the programming menu for MMS I changed the file size limit from 1228800 to 1024800 because the text message apps auto compress/resize the photos taken with the phone camera to that specified size and while that setting was on 1228800 it wouldn't send my photos but after decreasing that to 1024800 it sent just fine. Hopefully this will continue to work but like I say I've tried so many configurations and had them work one day and stop working the next.

One other thing I wanted to mention. MMS works great when I'm connected via 3G but fails to send when I'm connected via WiFi. I can still receive while connected to WiFi though.

Another thing I find kind of interesting about ICS is that with GB I needed to force my data through a proxy since I'm on the 45 plan but right now my data is working fine without any forced proxy settings
    Last edited by xsylus; 09-21-2012 at 10:45 PM.
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    So what I did was download the zip file and just extract the auto-conf.xml, made a backup of the original and replaced it with the one from the zip. Rebooted so it would take effect than added my MDN to the user name and changed the MCC to 311 and the MNC to 480. Thus far it's working again! Also under the programming menu for MMS I changed the file size limit from 1228800 to 1024800 because the text message apps auto compress/resize the photos taken with the phone camera to that specified size and while that setting was on 1228800 it wouldn't send my photos but after decreasing that to 1024800 it sent just fine. Hopefully this will continue to work but like I say I've tried so many configurations and had them work one day and stop working the next.

One other thing I wanted to mention. MMS works great when I'm connected via 3G but fails to send when I'm connected via WiFi. I can still receive while connected to WiFi though.

Another thing I find kind of interesting about ICS is that with GB I needed to force my data through a proxy since I'm on the 45 plan but right now my data is working fine without any forced proxy settings
    the apn from that patch works in russia too hahah... my buddy over there olegfusion has been working hard on that file for me. ive battled cricket b4 so i know whats up... bty if you go to flagstaff it may be iffy... idk my friend had to drive down to phx to activate his zio.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    So what zip file did you download Xsylus?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Twitter
    XSYLUS_DEV
    Phone
    DROID 4 Cricket Wireless
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWayz View Post
    So what zip file did you download Xsylus?
    The one from this thread: Cricket ICS and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Ok my MMS is working with apns-conf.xml for that file and using MMS.apk also. So far it sending most of time. I cant complain using stock Messaging app.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    good i figured it was an ics thing cuz nobody had this much of a prob with gb...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    It is ICS thing because when i had GB i worked also. Plus i think Cricket is changing how APN work on their system for newer phones. Plus being Motorola does help cuz they limited how apn work than my samsung epic.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links