DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What's next for us?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The most telling thing to me on why I think the physical KB is done is that they're just not building it. There's no talk, no rumor, no leaks not an iota of speculation about the D5 from a credible source (or not credible source). It's been a year or more, no?

The time has been ripe for a while now. The D4 is LOOOOONG in the tooth. I'm surprised that they even still offer it. And while I don't think it's a full-on dinosaur, it's a long way from current.

It'll suck and I think it'll be a step back, but I'm preparing to move on without my KB. Or pee myself out of happiness if they build a D5. But something tells me if they haven't started by now, it's not in the plans.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Stock Rooted
    D5 will be announced March 2014. How do I know you ask? Because I am due for an upgrade in February of 2014. So as soon as I buy a stinking non-qwerty phone, I am quite certain they will announce the D5.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 3

D5 Coming Sooner Than You Think????

Quote Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
    D5 will be announced March 2014. How do I know you ask? Because I am due for an upgrade in February of 2014. So as soon as I buy a stinking non-qwerty phone, I am quite certain they will announce the D5.
    Well, my contract date has just past by, so following your logic the D5 should probably come out much sooner. Since probably my D3 won't last much longer, the Note 3 will come out (I think it's due early September) and maybe convince me that with the bigger virtual keypad I'll finally be able to accurately type on it! Then I'll probably reluctantly get it, AND THEN the D5 will come out!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid 4 - Stock Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol_in_FL View Post
    Well, my contract date has just past by, so following your logic the D5 should probably come out much sooner. Since probably my D3 won't last much longer, the Note 3 will come out (I think it's due early September) and maybe convince me that with the bigger virtual keypad I'll finally be able to accurately type on it! Then I'll probably reluctantly get it, AND THEN the D5 will come out!
    Looks like I may have to eat my words. There is hope!
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/23...st-appearance/
    Thanks to duffman on XDA for the heads up.

Droid 4 - Avatar
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post

Looks like I may have to eat my words. There is hope!
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/23...st-appearance/
    Thanks to duffman on XDA for the heads up.

Droid 4 - Avatar
    Hmmm maybe I started this thread at the right time, it doesn't look too shabby, but there isn't much info on it yet. Hopefully they keep at it,

I had to pay full price for this droid 4 because I wanted to keep my unlimited data, I've definitely broke even by now or have saved money from this decision. Its almost been 2 years now
    comk4ver likes this.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Gee, my old D3 may last long enough to get a D5 yet! Next problem will be -- how to keep my unlimited data plan.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol_in_FL View Post
    Gee, my old D3 may last long enough to get a D5 yet! Next problem will be -- how to keep my unlimited data plan.
    I bought my droid 4 brand new from ebay for $406 shipped, which is cheaper than verizons cost brand new. It obviously doesn't come with the same warranty which I'm paying for now because I have to use my phone on speaker if I want to have a phone conversation with someone =(
    comk4ver likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links