1. Perform a forced reboot or turn phone off...remove battery for two minutes and turn on again.
2. Go to Manage Apps & find Desk Dock. Select Clear Data.
3. Manage Apps again - Select Google Play Music. Uninstall App Updates...select OK to uninstall and replace with default / factory app.
My phone worked great in the desk dock afterward...looks different now with JB but I like it. I like the new color scheme.
Here is the NEW info I learned yesterday: After getting the phone to work in your desk dock, DO NOT use the Google Play Music app (My Music) or the phone will not work in the desk dock again. I performed the above three steps last Thursday adn my phone worked great in the dock Thursday night, Friday night & Saturday night. yesterday, I used the My Music app (Google Play Music) to play music while tinkering in my garage. When I put the phone in my desk dock last night, I received the "Unfortunately desk dock has stopped working" message. Since I had already uninstalled the updates to Google Play Music I could not uninstall the updates again. I had to:
1. Go to Manage Apps & find Desk Dock. Select Clear Data.
2. Manage Apps again - Select Google Play Music. Clear Data.
3. Perform a forced reboot or turn phone off...remove battery for two minutes and turn on again.
Looks like if you use your phone in a desk dock, you cannot use the Google Play Music (My Music) app. I am OK with that personally, I want the phone to work in the dock way more than I want to use that app. The good news is there are plenty of free music player apps in the App Store. I prefer Win Amp...but that's just a personal choice / opinion.
Hope this helps all those that use & like their desk dock. ~ Scott