DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: JB 4.1.2 installed with no issues

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    XT894 & XT926 pre-production
    Quote Originally Posted by myfishbear View Post
    lol just pul the apk from there.... duh lol
    Was not aware I could do that as I never mess with ROMs. I thought they were like the flash updates that use the XML file for RDS.
    However, I did D/L and pull the file, but it doesn't work. It installs and places the widget, but when I add it to the home screen it gives me the error of 'The Circles widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens.'
    The sadness ensues.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    I got JB a week or so ago or so (1st week of April). The update got pushed down automatically one morning and I had some time so I let it install right away. The update went quite smoothly, although the phone got rather warm during the process. I didn't notice any problems, and I actually like JB better than ICS.

One problem I had with ICS was that the virtual keypad for entering my PIN for Voicemail did not work very well - sometimes it would totally botch the PIN so I had to use the real keypad. I am glad to say that has cleared up with JB.

And I'm finding that the virtual keypad is working better in general with JB. With ICS, the virtual keypad would frequently get the wrong key, no matter how careful I was. It was like it was off by a few millimeters.

My D4 is quite stock, I've added a few apps, but not a lot. For me, the phone needs to be a viable functional business tool, not something to play with. Unfortunately, the stock calendar is still terrible and syncing with Outlook is a pain. Oh well, at least it's better than ICS.

tchalm
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by tchalm View Post
    I got JB a week or so ago or so (1st week of April). The update got pushed down automatically one morning and I had some time so I let it install right away. The update went quite smoothly, although the phone got rather warm during the process. I didn't notice any problems, and I actually like JB better than ICS.

One problem I had with ICS was that the virtual keypad for entering my PIN for Voicemail did not work very well - sometimes it would totally botch the PIN so I had to use the real keypad. I am glad to say that has cleared up with JB.

And I'm finding that the virtual keypad is working better in general with JB. With ICS, the virtual keypad would frequently get the wrong key, no matter how careful I was. It was like it was off by a few millimeters.

My D4 is quite stock, I've added a few apps, but not a lot. For me, the phone needs to be a viable functional business tool, not something to play with. Unfortunately, the stock calendar is still terrible and syncing with Outlook is a pain. Oh well, at least it's better than ICS.

tchalm
    I am no "Droid Guru" but I was wondering if you have tried the google calendar sync program to sync your Outlook calendar with your Google calendar? I have been using it for about 3 years now with 3 different Droid phones (D1, D3 & Bionic) and have had no issues syncing my Corporate Outlook calendar to my Google calendar.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by sajokaz View Post
    I am no "Droid Guru" but I was wondering if you have tried the google calendar sync program to sync your Outlook calendar with your Google calendar? I have been using it for about 3 years now with 3 different Droid phones (D1, D3 & Bionic) and have had no issues syncing my Corporate Outlook calendar to my Google calendar.
    Hi: Yes, I tried using the Google calendar to sync Outlook calendar and it made a total mess of things; lots of duplications, and duplications of duplications. But also, I read the Google terms of use and privacy statement and the bottom line is that Google's solutions are totally unacceptable.

However, let's not hijack this thread to discuss that problem here.

I like JB better than ICS (but not enough to make me like Android yet.)

tchalm
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I finally got around to installing the JB update last night. The OTA seems quite solid and everything is working, except for bedside dock mode. I'd been using a Droid 3 dock previously under ICS, and it worked perfectly - phone would enter dock mode when inserted, audio would pump out over HDMI (to my bedroom sound system), and everything was good. But now, nothing happens when I put the phone on to dock - it registers that it's being charged, but no bedside dock and no audio over HDMI.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is sort of a dealbreaker for me... my phone is my alarm clock and I have it set to turn on Pandora in the morning, and it's the greatest way to wake up ever. I'd sure like to get this working again. I've scoured these forums and XDA, and there's very little in the way of clues as to what might be causing this.
    I am the Droid Pirate Roberts.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    GNEX - Droid Bionic - Droid 4
    Have factory reset yet? I don't have hdmi dock but I've had other issues that was resolved by factory reset
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post
    I finally got around to installing the JB update last night. The OTA seems quite solid and everything is working, except for bedside dock mode. I'd been using a Droid 3 dock previously under ICS, and it worked perfectly - phone would enter dock mode when inserted, audio would pump out over HDMI (to my bedroom sound system), and everything was good. But now, nothing happens when I put the phone on to dock - it registers that it's being charged, but no bedside dock and no audio over HDMI.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is sort of a dealbreaker for me... my phone is my alarm clock and I have it set to turn on Pandora in the morning, and it's the greatest way to wake up ever. I'd sure like to get this working again. I've scoured these forums and XDA, and there's very little in the way of clues as to what might be causing this.
    I found this on another forum; go into settings, then into apps, find Google Play Music, go into it, and remove the update. A message said something about reinstalling the original and locked up briefly while all of this was happening. Any time my phone does something unexpected (locking up, etc) I reboot just to be sure. After that it works in dock mode. Apparently in a recent update they broke it so that it errors out when trying to bring up the player in dock mode. The only downside to this work-around is that when you check the play store for apps to update, it keeps offering to update Google play Music, which of course would re-break it. Hopefully they will fix this in a future update to that app,
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    I found this on another forum; go into settings, then into apps, find Google Play Music, go into it, and remove the update. A message said something about reinstalling the original and locked up briefly while all of this was happening. Any time my phone does something unexpected (locking up, etc) I reboot just to be sure. After that it works in dock mode. Apparently in a recent update they broke it so that it errors out when trying to bring up the player in dock mode. The only downside to this work-around is that when you check the play store for apps to update, it keeps offering to update Google play Music, which of course would re-break it. Hopefully they will fix this in a future update to that app,

Hmmm. Interesting, I'll have to give that a try, thanks! I did a factory reset - no dice - and now the SBF is almost complete, but having another clue is always useful.
    EDIT: Went down to the VZW store and had them try it in a brand new Moto HD Dock, still nothing. Tried even deleting Google Play Music via Titanium Backup, still nothing.

=/
    Last edited by Khiraji; 04-20-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    I am the Droid Pirate Roberts.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiraji View Post

This happened to me and here is the info that was passed to me on another forum...my phone worked in the desk dock fine after this (and I passed it along to two others who said theirs worked in the dock afterward also):

1. Turn phone off...remove battery for two minutes & then turn back on.

2. Go to Manage Apps & find desk dock. Select Clear Data.

3. Manage Apps again- select Google Play Music. Uninstall app updates.

Phone worked in the dock great after all three. Looks different when docked with JB...but i like it. For wahtever reason, the Google Play Music app was not letting the phone recognize the dock as a "dock" and enter dock mode. The phone was just seeing the dock as any normal wall charger.

Hope this helps.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by sajokaz View Post
    This happened to me and here is the info that was passed to me on another forum...my phone worked in the desk dock fine after this (and I passed it along to two others who said theirs worked in the dock afterward also):

1. Turn phone off...remove battery for two minutes & then turn back on.

2. Go to Manage Apps & find desk dock. Select Clear Data.

3. Manage Apps again- select Google Play Music. Uninstall app updates.

Phone worked in the dock great after all three. Looks different when docked with JB...but i like it. For wahtever reason, the Google Play Music app was not letting the phone recognize the dock as a "dock" and enter dock mode. The phone was just seeing the dock as any normal wall charger.

Hope this helps.
    All I had to do was #3. I have a Bionic, but apparently several phones are experiencing this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links