DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Complete Jellybean Thread

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    Quote Originally Posted by sikassdrummer View Post
    please admin put this in the place it will help the most I have know idea how to post in "the correct area" thank you
    Most of your steps are unnecessary, and your post is almost unreadable.
    all you need is the DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean
    updates for the superuser binary are not unusual, and if the update fails, it doesn't always mean phone is not rooted.
    You don't even have to take the superuser update, if you don't want to and has nothing to do with the razr phone
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  2. cs3
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by sikassdrummer View Post
    please admin delete this gibbeirsh I have know idea how to post in "a coherent manner" thank you
    i think thats what you meant.

now back to the topic...
    why the F does the stupid shift function keep failing? i go into language/inputs 5-6 times a day to fix this stupid thing and it stops working for no apparent reason.
    right now somehow CAPS works, but shift does not.
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid 4

wow your dead on

Quote Originally Posted by cs3 View Post

now back to the topic...
    why the F does the stupid shift function keep failing? i go into language/inputs 5-6 times a day to fix this stupid thing and it stops working for no apparent reason.
    Wow your so right thanks
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SnglGrma View Post
    Oh My Lord !!! Yes !!! Yesterday it was the worst! So I went to figure out why and for me the fix was: Too many GPS's and Wi-fi's conflicting....
    1. Uninstall any updates, clear all data and cache and then disable the Verizon (VZ) Navigator
    2. Turn on My Wi-Fi.
    3. Go into Settings>Location Access> Turn on Access to my location, UNCHECK GPS Satellites, Verizon Location Services. Put a Check Mark in: Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location.

Now the phone is back to picking up my exact location each time!
    I think this was caused by The Most Recent Maps UPDATE, as because before that... My Location was picked up automatically by NOT doing any of the above. But, I don't want to uninstall the Map Update to see for sure.... you wanna?
    Without changing anything it worked 100% and got a GPS fix in less than 30 seconds. Strange.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post

Without changing anything it worked 100% and got a GPS fix in less than 30 seconds. Strange.
    Guess what I Just Found!!!

Just when I thought they got rid of that stupid compass setting too! LOL
    Open maps then top right corner press the GPS symbol and it tells you that your compass is not calibrated!
    Calibrate and of course I am back to syncing my location again with everything checked....so now I am out testing my battery to see if everything plays along good again. I just love finding the little illogical places for stuff!
    Joanie
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    link to the JB SBF in first post is bad - it looks like it has an ellipsis (...) truncating the url: ftp://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma...18_1ff.xml.zip

not real worried as i am currently downloading the ics sbf right now, and will just get the OTA for JB, but thought it was worth mentioning. tho it would be nice to just sbf directly to jb to save time.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson99 View Post
    link to the JB SBF in first post is bad - it looks like it has an ellipsis (...) truncating the url: ftp://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma...18_1ff.xml.zip

not real worried as i am currently downloading the ics sbf right now, and will just get the OTA for JB, but thought it was worth mentioning. tho it would be nice to just sbf directly to jb to save time.
    Droid-Developers SBF
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by cs3 View Post

now back to the topic...
    i've noticed in stock ics (still havent tried jb yet) that the shift key is inconsistent. i can tap shift then tap a number key or the apostrophe to get a symbol or quotes, but it's sporadic about capitalizing letters - sometimes i have to hold shift to get the uppercase letter, but not always. doesn't really bother me except when i want to capitalize something on the far left like A or Q. most times auto-cap takes care of it for me so it's not a big deal. i just hope i don't get the issue some are reporting where the , and . keys give < and > when you shift them, instead of ; and : because i actually use those a lot. i do use the lt/gt symbols when occasionally editing an html or xml file, but i'm ok going into the sym menu to get them since it's not very often that i actually need them.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid4
    Quote Originally Posted by themib View Post
    wow that was fast. thanks!
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson99 View Post
    i've noticed in stock ics (still havent tried jb yet) that the shift key is inconsistent. i can tap shift then tap a number key or the apostrophe to get a symbol or quotes, but it's sporadic about capitalizing letters - sometimes i have to hold shift to get the uppercase letter, but not always. doesn't really bother me except when i want to capitalize something on the far left like A or Q. most times auto-cap takes care of it for me so it's not a big deal. i just hope i don't get the issue some are reporting where the , and . keys give < and > when you shift them, instead of ; and : because i actually use those a lot. i do use the lt/gt symbols when occasionally editing an html or xml file, but i'm ok going into the sym menu to get them since it's not very often that i actually need them.
    For the , and ; problem, try this:
    The Complete Jellybean Thread
    I'm Winston Wolf, I solve problems
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Links