DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Complete Jellybean Thread

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Has anyone found a way to keep the camera flash set to disabled? Each time I start the camera app, it is enabled by default.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    XjsnweitzelX
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I don't seem to have any issued turning the flash off. Just tried and it stayed off even through a reboot.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfang77 View Post
    Has anyone found a way to keep the camera flash set to disabled? Each time I start the camera app, it is enabled by default.

I have not ever noticed that, but I just checked and I don't have the problem either. Maybe something you have installed (camera app, instagram, etc) has control over it?
    Joanie
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    silverfang1977
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Really? That's weird. I don't have Instagram. Maybe I'll have to do an FDR and see if that solves the problem.

Samsung Galaxy S4 VRUDMI1 with Jelly Bean 4.3
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisc5idins View Post
    We don't know if the Razr Blade will work on D4 or not.
    Yes, we do. RAZR Blade works perfectly with the D4.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Droid X, 2, 2G, X2, D3, D4
    Quote Originally Posted by DmdStar View Post
    Yes, we do. RAZR Blade works perfectly with the D4.
    Razr blade root worked for me, and likely thousands of other droid 4 users by now.
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)

sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - sites.google.com

Always in motion is the future
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Has anyone else noticed the GPS being really slow to get a fix sometimes? Took me something like 5 minutes to get a fix and it kept losing the fix. I tried it later in the day and it worked 100%.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the GPS being really slow to get a fix sometimes? Took me something like 5 minutes to get a fix and it kept losing the fix. I tried it later in the day and it worked 100%.
    Oh My Lord !!! Yes !!! Yesterday it was the worst! So I went to figure out why and for me the fix was: Too many GPS's and Wi-fi's conflicting....
    1. Uninstall any updates, clear all data and cache and then disable the Verizon (VZ) Navigator
    2. Turn on My Wi-Fi.
    3. Go into Settings>Location Access> Turn on Access to my location, UNCHECK GPS Satellites, Verizon Location Services. Put a Check Mark in: Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location.

Now the phone is back to picking up my exact location each time!
    I think this was caused by The Most Recent Maps UPDATE, as because before that... My Location was picked up automatically by NOT doing any of the above. But, I don't want to uninstall the Map Update to see for sure.... you wanna?
    Joanie
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid 4

Post Awsome finnaly droid 4 rooted 4.1.2

ok so as most of everyone knows ive been struggling for a week reying to use razor_blade and dan Rosenberg,s droid 4 utilities the batman window created by mattlgroff , which is the same as razor blade but after rooting you can add the newest version of safe strap .

OK KEY POINTS AND ILL BE SPEFIC :
    1 YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO STEPS 1 OR 2 ON ROSENBERGS UTILITY CALLED" Droid_4Utility_XT894_WinMacLun" you can search and find that youll need it
    2 you will only use step 3 and 4 !!!!!!!, ill come back to this

3. download razor_blade file which can be found on razor forums or anything root or xda all have a link and a special thanks to Tomsgt123 from you tube who always makes great videos but was the only one to actually email me back info hes a great guy just cant say root properly he says rut lol
    ok serious though dj bliss Rosenberg and tomgst123 have he 3 items you need
    1 I listed droid 4 utility
    2 regular old motofail for droid 3,4,x2 etc
    3 razor_blade

once you have those downloaded extract all to your desk top and open all 3 and they click 3 on utilities and enter and run and enter on ther other 2 all as close to the same time as possible , what this does is where the utilitys /razorblade say to do smart action ,select battery save and home then hit enter it usually froze but this way it continues to run . to the other 3 steps and the first time I did it it didn't work so I went to google play and downloaded free Superuser just to see what the problem was ....
    OK NOW WITH SUPERUSER I RAN ALL 3 AGAIN AND IT CAME BACK BINARY NOT UP TO DATE !YEA U THINK ITS FOR RAZOR RUNNING 9.8.18.AND WERE ON 9.8.20 ANY WAY THEN I REMOVED SUPERUSER FROM APP DRAWER an ran all 3 the 3rd time was the charm maybe superuser on google play let windows 7 acknowledge the problem I doubt it because it always says su not found file already there permission denied .. but it sure enough worked I was skeptical I ran root checker and got the GREEN BLORY SAYING CONGRATS YOUR DEVICE IS ROOTED , THEN I WENT TO STEP 5 AND INSTALLED SAFESTRAAP WHICH IS NO PROBLEM U CAN DO IT ANY TIME IT JUST WONT WORK TILL YOUR ROOTED AND IF YOU DOWNLOAD IT BEFORE YOUR ROOTED THEN REMOVE IT AND THEN JUST REINSTALL IT BY USING THE DROID 4 UTILITY #5 I LISTED ABOVE

OK NOW TO ANSWER SOME OTHER QUESTIONS AND PUT SOME SAID THINGS TO REST .
    1 YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETLY DO A FACTORY RESTORE EVERYTIME TO GET RAZORBLADE TO WORK SOME ONE ON HERE POSTED THAT !
    SIMPLY GO TO APPS /ALL /SMART ACTIONS THE TOP 1 OUT OF 3 ITS BETWEEN 1.8 AND 1.9 MB WHEN USED AND OPEN IT AND HIT CLEAR DATA .
    THIS WILL MAKE IT SO IT WAS NEVER OPENED AND YOU CAN START FRESH YOU DO NEED TO DO THAT IN ORDER TO SELECT BATTERY AND SAVE IT THATS STEP 2 OF RAZOR_BLADE AND DROID 4 UTILITY ROOT

ANOTHER THING YEA DEBUGGING IS A MUST BUT ALSO DO MOCK LOCATIONS AND ALLOW OUTSIDE SOURCES THAT WAS THE KEY I DOWNLOADED THE ORRIGINAL ASTRO FILE MANAGER NOT THE ICS VERSION WHICH SUCKS BUT THE 1 THAT YOU CAN SEE ALL YOUR FOLDERS AND WHEN YOU HIT DELETE IT TELLS YOU BEFORE ANY ACTION HOW MUCH DATA IS IN THE FILE AND HOW MANY FILES ARE IN IT BEFORE U ARE ASKED DO U STILL WANT TO DELETE I USED ES FILE MANAGER TO OPEN IT AND INSTALL IT BECAUSE I HAD TO DOWNLOAD IT FROM 4SHARED FILES WHICH MOST ARE SPAM BUT I GOT ADW EX AND ASTRO FILE MANAGER FROM THERE AND YOU ASK BUT ITS FREE ON GOOGLE PLAY ? BUT IT TAKES UP 3 X AS MUCH MB,S AS THE ORRIGINAL AND IS ALOT LESS EASY TO NAVIGATE THRU AND DOESNT GIVE YOU THE SAME GREAT DELETE INFO LIKE HOW MANY FILES AND HOW MUCH DATA IT JUST DELETES IT IF YOU CANT FIND IT JUST GO WITH ES FILE MANAGER ITS ALSO GREAT THOSE ARE THE 2 BEST .IMO OF COURSE AND IVE TRIED OVER 40 DUE TO HOW MANY DROID PHONES IVE HAD . VURRENTLY HAVE 2 DROID 3,S AND A DROID 4 AND AN X2 ALL ROOTED WITH SAFESTRAP EXCEPT THE DROID 3 I WENT BOOTSTRAP I LIKE IT MUCH BETTER SORRY HATERS
    OK SO ENOUGH RAMBLING !!! WE CAN NOW ROOT THE DROID 4 WITH THE OTA JB 4.1.2 I AM PROOF AND I WAS NOT ABLE TO DO IT FOR 5 DAYS WORKING 6 TO 10 HOURS A DAY TRYING TO DO THIS SO U SEE WHY I AM AM TRYING TO GIVE YOU AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE SINCE I WAS INJURED IN A HIT AND RUN IVE PUT MY TIME TO GOOD USE BU TRYING TO PROVIDE ANSWERS THAT WE ALL WANT

RE CAP
    1 RUN ALL 3 PROGRAMS AT THE SAME TIME AFTER GOING TO SETTINGS AND HITTING CLEAR DATA ON THE 1RST SMART ACTION ICON USUALLY IT WILL BE 1.9MB WHEN YOU OPEN IT TO CLEAR DATA . YES CLEAR DATA THEN GO TO DEBUGGING IF ITS NOT DONE AND CHECK THAT AND ALLOW MOCK LOCATIONS ,
    THEN GO TO ALLOW OUTSIDE SOURCES TO DOWNLOAD THIS WAS THE KEY FOR ME .
    THEN GO TO GOOGLE PLAY AND DOWNLOAD THE FREE SUPERUSER MR GREEN PIRATE LOL
    THEN RUN ALL THREE PROGRAMS AT THE SAME TIME YES THERE WILL BE A SECOND DELAY EHICH IS GREAT IT KEEPS THE PROCESS FROM FREZING
    OK IF YOU DO NOT GET ROOT OPEN SUPERUSER AND SEE IF IT SAYS BINARY IS NOT UP TO DATE .FINE THEN DELETE IT FROM APPS
    THEN RE DO
    GO BACK TO APP DRAWER CLEAR DATA ON SMART ACTION {THIS WILL SAVE YOU FROM A FACTORY RESTORE }
    THEN 1RST RUN MOTOFAIL 2ND ROSENBERGS DROID UTILITYS #3 ROOT YOUR PHONE HIT ENTER
    THEN RAZORBLADE IN THAT ORDER BUT AS FAST AS POSSIBLE YOU WANT THEM TO RUN TOGETHER IT WORKS I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHY BUT I HAVE THE PROOF AND REMEMBER IF YOU RESTORE JB 4.1.2 HAS A DIFFERENT BYPASS METHOD . HOLD THE PHONE VERTICAL NOT IN LANDSCAPE MODE ANYMORE .2 WHERE IT SAYS WELCOME AND UNDER THE WORD START WILL BE YOUR 4 TOUCH POINTS 1 IS THE W IN WELCOME 2 IS THE /END OF WELCOME
    3 IS UNDER START IN THE BOTTOM RT SLIGHTLY RT OF THE WORD START BUT UNDER IT NOT ALL THE WAY IN THE CORNER THEN THE LEFT CORNER /UNDER START SLIGHTLY LESS THAN THE CORNER I DID A VIDEO ON WHERE TO TOUH ON YU TUBE NUT YOU JUST HAVE TO FAST FOWARD THRU HOW TO ACTIVATE YOUR PHONE TO PAGE PLUS FREE AND GET 3 G ,THATS A WHOLE NEW SUBJECT ,SO FEEL FREE TO ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS THANKS AND I HOPE THIS IS ABLE TO HELP SOME PEOPLE . NO RISK OF BRCKING OR BOOTLOOPING FOR SURE
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    please admin put this in the place it will help the most I have know idea how to post in "the correct area" thank you
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Links