DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: D4 Not Charging Past Certain Percentage... Help.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Lately, I have been experiencing this. It happens randomly. For my phone, it stops charging when it reaches 50%. Most of the time, it charges all the way to 100%, but sometimes it just gets stuck to 50%. I'm using the D4 charger that came with the phone because it suddenly doesn't recognize the charger from the OG Droid. I have used the old charger then, but couple months later it stopped working.

Any of you have experienced this and have fixed it? I repeat, it only happens sometimes. I also made sure that the charger and cable is not faulty. I'm plugged straight from the outlet as well. In addition, when it is plugged, both the on screen and battery icon on the top right shows that is indeed charging.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    GNEX - Droid Bionic - Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Lately, I have been experiencing this. It happens randomly. For my phone, it stops charging when it reaches 50%. Most of the time, it charges all the way to 100%, but sometimes it just gets stuck to 50%. I'm using the D4 charger that came with the phone because it suddenly doesn't recognize the charger from the OG Droid. I have used the old charger then, but couple months later it stopped working.

Any of you have experienced this and have fixed it? I repeat, it only happens sometimes. I also made sure that the charger and cable is not faulty. I'm plugged straight from the outlet as well. In addition, when it is plugged, both the on screen and battery icon on the top right shows that is indeed charging.
    My wife's razr did this exact same thing she was using her charger that came with the razr I swapped it with my old charger from my Droid X and problem has not repeated since I switched her chargers 3 days ago. I think Motorola new chargers may have an issue they don't last but about 6 months it seems
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    I'd recommend letting the phone fully discharge, to the point of it powering itself down at 0%.

Then plug it in and let it FULLY charge before powering it up or using it at all. Let it go to 100% on the charge screen. If your screen is blank, just press the top button once and it should pull the giant battery screen.

If that still doesn't work, you could try wiping battery stats.
    Eclipse JB 1.1.1
    LiquidSmooth JB 2.3.7
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji91
    I'd recommend letting the phone fully discharge, to the point of it powering itself down at 0%.

Then plug it in and let it FULLY charge before powering it up or using it at all. Let it go to 100% on the charge screen. If your screen is blank, just press the top button once and it should pull the giant battery screen.

If that still doesn't work, you could try wiping battery stats.
    I've actually tried what you suggested. It did charged to 100%, but the problem still happens. What and how do you wipe out batt stats?

Links