DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Droid 4 Replacemet Migration - Improved Model Specifications

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola DROID 3
    Honestly I love my Droid 4 and am hoping they continue to keep the keyboard with a Droid 5. I would like to see a quad core processor with maybe like 1.6+ghz, 2gb of ram, a bigger battery and a slightly bigger display and I'd be happy. Also maybe a louder speaker phone. I also wouldn't mind if the battery was removable.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy
    As per my personal opinion, I love the Droid 4's physical keyboard, but add higher quality camera to the specifications. My Droid 4 takes really inferior photos compared to the iphone, and when high quality photos are transferred from my computer, they're displayed poorly in the gallery--too dark and red. I'd also like to be able to scroll through them so that they fill the screen--again in the way that iphones do.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4, HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto_Man View Post
    It has been close to one year now, that Samsung released the Droid 4, with its own QWERTY keyboard, that is arguably one of the best and most liked cell phone mechanical keyboards in production.
    Samsung makes the Droid 4 now?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    May 30, 2013

I was checking out the just released Samsung 4 at my local Verizon store where a Verizon associate told me that Motorola is going to release a Droid 5, one more update to the Droid 4, and he did not have a date or official announcement, so until that happens I'm considering it hearsay. Given the camera issues of poor photo quality on more recent Motorola Droid series, I am losing faith with Motorola to compete on all phone functions.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Really? A Droid 5? Even if it is just a rumor, it's the best piece of Android news I've heard all year!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Verizon's High Cost for Data Transfer

In reply to your response below, I left Verizon for the very reason you mentioned. In fact this month I closed 2 of my 3 accounts with Verizon and am getting ready to close the third. While they arguably have a better network, I found the marginal better quality not worth the marginal cost premium. My phones run mostly on 3G, for me phones are too small to watch streaming video, and there are many 3G plans with unlimited data (most restricted by not allowing tethering) however by making the switch I'm forecasting personal savings of over $800 a year.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by qurk View Post
    My first complaint with my Droid 4 is the the camera quality isn't as great as my last phone or like iphone. I have a 3 year old camera with the same megapixels and pictures look a lot crisper. I'd appreciate it too if the external speakers could be set louder. At my workplace I cannot hear texts, and music gets drowned out by the background noise...I also very rarely feel it vibrate. Lastly, they could make the screen a wee bit bigger, but not complaining. The only issue I have with the screen is it gets blury when scrolling, but that is a very minor caveat. Pretty happy with my Droid 4! Now verizon download rates are insane, when there are companies advertising unlimited downloads Verizon's cheapest plan is 300 megs a month? $10 more for 1000? And $10 more for every 1000 after that? What use is NFL on your phone when you gotta pay so much for the bandwidth? I turned off 4g, what is the point of being able to use up your month's band bandwidth allowance in 2 hours :P
    Last edited by Moto_Man; 11-16-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links